Remote support for xiaomi phones

Hello. I have just bought a xiaomi redmi 7 smartphone. It was really bad to discover that teamviewer does not support  remote support (mouse clicks etc) on xiaomi devices, but only offers the view option. I searched how to open a ticket to request the support of xiaomi devices from teamviewer but there was not an option. Could you please help me?

Tagged:

Comments

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Hi @christinad 

Thank you for your post. 

You find here a list of all Supported manufacturers for remotely controlling Android devices.

Unfortunately, Xiaomi is currently not supported. 

We will keep you updated in the mentioned article as soon as there are any changes. 

Thank you very much for your understanding and sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

Wish you a great day. 

All the best,
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• Hi, I'm also interested in support of Xiaomi. 

• Kdec
    Kdec Posts: 1

Same for me. Phone is Redmi 7A. Taking increasing market share of Xiaomi support should be considered. Thanks for your consideration.

• adam1709
    adam1709 Posts: 3 ✭✭

@Natascha 

You could contact Xiaomi to collaborate at this level because many people have been waiting for this for a long time.

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi All,

Thank you for your post.

With regards to Android, we, unfortunately, are not able to support all manufacturers or ROM's for these features, especially remote control. We want to let all of Android to have a right to remote control, but, as this does require the manufacturers support, we cannot simply commit to making this possible as we cannot do it alone.  We need cooperation from the manufacturers themselves which we do not have for all manufacturers.

We would like to encourage you to support us by reaching out to the manufacturer of your mobile device and let them know you want them to be compatible with TeamViewer.

For more information, please read this thread.

Thank you for you understanding in advance.

All the best,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • m_gruber
    m_gruber Posts: 2 ✭✭

Can you shed some light on why there's no collaboration between Teamviewer and Xiaomi?
    Haven't they responded at all to Teamviewer's contact attempts or did they decline your approach with some reason?

It's really frustrating. Xiaomi is the #4 in terms of marketshare. Both Xiaomi and Teamviewer would benefit enormously from remote control support.

• adam1709
    adam1709 Posts: 3 ✭✭

Exactly. I can't even find contact, they as a company would certainly have had it easier.