Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• @duderonomy wrote:

I was shocked what I read on truust pilot about the company's practices. 

Wow! More than 80% of the reviews are negative with only 1 star. Way to go TeamViewer!!!
    You must be trying to compete with Monsanto for the most hated company on the planet. :)

• I am having the same issue.  I admit I have over a dozen computers in my home for my family and I remote into my parents' computers too, but it's 100% personal use yet I was/am accused of commercial use.  How do I fix this??

• Only one solution that I see.

Uninstall TV and use a different program

• Technut
    Technut Posts: 13

I'm a retired IT tech who still has a lot of influence in my field. I used to think TeamViewer was the perfect solution for supporting my family and accessing my personal computers when I'm away from home. So I spoke highly of it and encouraged others to try it out for their free personal use and to consider a license for their business.

But since TeamViewer have pulled this stunt of repeatedly accusing and falsely flagging personal users as commercial users, effectively banning them from using their product... well I'm just glad there are alternatives available. Needless to say I don't recommend TeamViewer to ANYONE anymore.

And I'll never trust anything TeamViewer says again. Their website is still full of statements about how they encourage and support personal use for free.

ALL LIES.

It's making me distrustful of other companies that also claim "free for personal use". It's corporations like TeamViewer that give consumers good reason to doubt anything that a company claims.

My only regret is that having personal users quit using TeamViewer is probably EXACTLY what they hoped to accomplish with all these false accusations... so in a way they are getting what they wanted. @TeamViewer managment team - you **bleep**.

Kse Dyna --
  • Kranwe
    Kranwe Posts: 2 ✭✭
    A workaround is to open the file transfer window and transfer a large file at a low speed while you do your supoort. Cancel the file once you are done. Team viewer will bot cancel your session while a file is mid transfer. I actuqlly do this with paying clients now.
  • musicreporter
    musicreporter Posts: 11 ✭✭

how do you control speed or  do a slow speed in a transfer?

I don't see any option for speed in the file transfer menu

• Kranwe
    Kranwe Posts: 2 ✭✭
    I just meant like a ridiculously large file on a slow usb stick or ant other way you can slow down transfers
  • pv7721
    pv7721 Posts: 151 ✭✭

@musicreporter : there is no such thing, it can be slow even in local networks.

• duderonomy
    duderonomy Posts: 14 ✭✭

[removed per Community Guidelines] I removed the good but personally offensive and, now, unusable TeamViewer software from my client and server computer.

All I truly needed was 5 minute login to see if my very old Mother had fallen or was OK. She was very sick last year with C diff.

Today, I cannot even achieve the promised 5 minutes of free use. Teamview will abruptly disconnect in less 1. And it displays that offensive message accusing me of cheating.

After I upgraded to a more recent version, it prevented me from any login. So, even after upgrade it is impossible to use the software, now.

What if my Mother was injured during this disruptive behavior by TeamViewer? This could actually lead to a tragedy. Does TemaViewer want in addition to the expense of registering Free Users manually, but also do they want to pay attorneys to defend against a lawsuit brought about by somebody with deep pockets who suffers a tragedy as a result of this? I sincerely hope that no free users suffer a life threatening emergency during these corporate shenanigans. This is dangerous.

• bazbsg
    bazbsg Posts: 112 ✭✭

@Kranwe I'm not sure this will work. I never tried it while being flagged as commercial. But Teamviewer has another limitation for free users in that it cuts you off without warning after about three hours. I've tried to do file transfers of large files or groups of files, sometimes from slow connections like a hotel room in a third world country. When the three hour limit kicks in, it doesn't matter that there is a file transfer in progress. Teamviewer cuts me off.

I got around this by zipping the large file(s) and splitting the result into volumes of a smaller size. Then when I get cut off, I just reconnect and resume after the last volume file that was transferred successfully. But that is a topic for another thread.

• I have been using TeamViewer for years. I have never used it for commercial uses. I take care of my family and best friend. My father is 80 years old and computer illiterate. Please give me back my privileges. I cannot afford to pay for this product. I am disabled and get a disability check. If you can help me my user **please do not post private IDs** Thank You, Joseph Casanova

• vice86
    vice86 Posts: 17
    Same here. Filled out the form 8 days ago and heard nothing from them. I'm just using **Third Party Product** now.
  • Good afternoon,

I am getting an error message that I am using the account as commercial rather than personal. This is not the case. I need to access to assist my elderly mom with computer issues as well as others. I can not access my own computer at home from the portable link saved to my flash drive. I know that TeamViewer advertises a "free" use for personal and I have not had issues until now. Please assist or explain how to troubleshoot and correct this error. 

MJ

• I too started noticing that the "detection" rate occuring pretty much daily for me now. I use my work computer to connect to my PC at home, my wife's computer and my grandfathers. All for personal use, not charging or making money on any of the work I am doing. It is getting rediculous. 

• afeudale
    afeudale Posts: 49 ✭✭

digitaldizza,

As a long-time commercial user of TV, I can tell you that much has changed over the years and they went from a small company that cared about their clients to a large behemoth who is only interested in profits - clients be dam.n.ed.

They are trying to squeeze everyone off of free usage and onto some sort of paid program.  They will likely introduce a "friends and family" license that users will be able to buy so they can support, well, friends and family.

Greed, greed and more greed...they always have me on my last nerve and I'm just waiting for the moment they push me over the edge so I switch to one of the many, many other better & cheaper products.

All my 2 cents.

• afeudale

digitaldizza,

As a long-time commercial user of TV, I can tell you that much has changed over the years and they went from a small company that cared about their clients to a large behemoth who is only interested in profits - clients be d.a.m.n.e.d.

They are trying to squeeze everyone off of free usage and onto some sort of paid program.  They will likely introduce a "friends and family" license that users will be able to buy so they can support, well, friends and family.

Greed, greed and more greed...they always have me on my last nerve and I'm just waiting for the moment they push me over the edge so I switch to one of the many, many other better & cheaper products.

All my 2 cents.

• afeudale

digitaldizza,

As a long-time commercial user of TV, I can tell you that much has changed over the years and they went from a small company that cared about their clients to a large behemoth who is only interested in profits.

All my 2 cents.

• Same here...I am a single mom caring for an adult daughter with special needs and I sit right across from her bedroom. I use TV to access my desktop in the basement so I don't have to keep running up and down the stairs when she needs me, which could be every 30 mins to not at all for any given evening/night. Ugh!  Just 'little ole me' using it so I can stay close to my daughter's bedroom.  Mercy! 

• Same here, I'm literally using TeamViewer to reboot my PC, tweak Windows settings, change the volume, restart home automation services.

Suddenly while on my Chromebook in bed, I got the commercial use triggered. Ridiculous.

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• afeudale

TV actually keeps deleting this post...I think they don't like what I'm saying:

--------

As a long-time commercial user of TV, I can tell you that much has changed over the years and they went from a small company that cared about their clients to a large behemoth who is only interested in profits.

All my 2 cents.

• afeudale

TV actually keeps deleting this post...I think they don't like what I'm saying:

--------

All my 2 cents.

• vice86
    vice86 Posts: 17

Wow, this has been going on for years and I'm not seeing a lot of happy endings. Is Team Viewer just getting greedy now? I sure as **Bleep** ain't paying **Please do not discuss pricing** to use this when they offer a free for private use option...which I'm doing. I've already tried other options but they all seem to have at least one issue I can't figure out so I want TV to fix my account already.l

• Apoch
    Apoch Posts: 4

100% FREE for personal users!

What a joke... I have used TV for personal use connecting to my desktop at home only. After numerous calls logged without a response, I have decided to throw in the towel. [removed per Community Guidelines] I am sure my post will be removed very soon.

• Apoch
    Apoch Posts: 4

so much for freedom of speech...PM me if you want to know what I am currently using...

• Endrju
    Endrju Posts: 1
    Ive started using Teamviewer this morning. I registered my account and installed app on my PC and smartphone. Its private noncommercial use so it should be free.
    Unfortunately the session times out after few minutes. The timeout time is set to Disabled in the settings, so I have no idea whats the reason.
    Maybe because I wasnt logged in while using it? (My device and browser verification is still pending)?

Was that the case or might there be some other problem?
  • I also got this notice that it is suspected commercial use about 3 weeks ago. I have sent in the form 2 weeks ago that it is a personal use and no response. I am also about to throw in the towel to an alternative software. Team Viewer was great when it worked. 

Team Viewer don't let your free users run away, these are the same users who made teamviewer known to the commercial users. 

• I am having the same problem after using Teamviewer since back in Version 7.

Now I am continually getting this message on all 3 HP computers, my Cell Phone (Android), and my MAC Mini computer, using indivivual sign-in names/or using a single name; and using my wife's name to sign-in our accounts.

I am not Commercial... Somebody pay attention, how many times to I have to say it ?

I am a 73 year old disabled, Veteran using to play games on my home computer and allowing my wife (caretaker) to keep in contact with me because of siezures and syncopes episodes.

• Same here! It keeps telling me that its being used commercially which it is not and has never been. I filled out the form 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing! They do not care about their users or even their commercial users, at my work we purchased a very large volume of commecial license and then 3 months later they upgraded to a new version and then told us we would have to re-purchase everything to get the new version. Tech support is non existant and they obviossly do not read these fourms or do not care as there is 77 pages of the very same complaint!!

• Definitely time to look at something else.

I had my license reset. It takes 3-5 days to get it reset after filling out the form, and it stays unlocked for maybe 2 days, then it's back. I have 4 machines that I've been doing this dance with. I've come tot he point where I have a text file with the "explanation of usage" stored in it, so that I can copy/paste it into the form.

Obviously something that I do for machines on my home network fits under what TV thinks is a commercial usage pattern, so I either have to stop using TV the way that I'm usingit, or else I need to find something else.

TV does provide some nice features which I find very useful, like the ability to connect to machines that do not have a login password (Like the machine that's connected to my television, and only has an air mouse connected) which I cannot do with RDP. I also liked the Android app which allowed me a pseudo keyboard for the few times that I need one without having to turn on the on-screen keyboard, but neother of these is insurmountable with less troublesome software. I may need to increase the number of steps to connect with other free software, but given the issues that TV has dropped on me, I'm now convinced that the extra trouble is worthwhile. TV used to be the best application to do what I want to do personally. I have other software for commercial use right now, and was considering switching to have just the one client, but that no longer seems relevant, plus if I do start using the client on my laptop to connect to the commercial licensed endpoint, it would simply muddy the water for my personal use, and I probably would no longer be eligible to have my licenses reset, so I'll keep it simple, and simply stop using this.

I know that this is not the place to have this issue resolved, but if TV starts to wonder why I stopped submitting reset requests, this is it.

Bye!

• m1k3
    m1k3 Posts: 1

Yeah this is the second time I'm having this problem and it's at the worst possible time when my parents need help. I'm going to look into an open source solution.

Just fill out this form: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/

I never got an email response the first time last year.