Update behavior

patrick15
patrick15 Posts: 1
edited April 2023 in Meeting Forum

Hi,

I'd like to deploy blizz to a number of hosts. I already found this post https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Blizz-Support/How-do-I-install-Blizz-for-all-users/td-p/32191

But now I wonder what happens if one user triggers an update. Will the update be installed to the installation directory of my choosing or will it install blizz unter %userprofile%\Appdata\Roaming\Blizz ?

Thanks,

Patrick

Best Answer

Answers

• DIL_IT
    DIL_IT Posts: 4

So we simply installed Blizz into program files with the parameter Install DIr. Then we wrote a script that adjusts the permissions for the users on C:\Program Files (x86)\Blizz. And finally, a shortcut is created which also puts this on the desktop via script C:\Users\Public\Desktop.
    Now all users can use Blizz and also update without installing the update in Appdata.

• DIL_IT
    DIL_IT Posts: 4

For the acess rights we have used cacls.exe.
    cacls.exe "%programfiles(x86)%\Blizz" /G YourLocalGroup:C /E /T
    the shortcut was previously created manually and placed in a shared Folder on a server and copied from there to the public desktop with cp.
    The scripts for the installation can then be easily installed via a software distribution, GPO or login script.