How to cancel my order

Answers

• TechTSUNAMI
    TechTSUNAMI Posts: 1

Why is it impossible to submit a ticket to cancel?

No where in TeamViewer will it allow you to create a ticket.

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @TechTSUNAMI ,

Thank you for your post.

In this case, You can reach out to our support team directly via local numbers found here.
    They will advise you what you need to do further. 
    I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Hope this helps!

All the best,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • Bardi
    Bardi Posts: 6 ✭✭

I have requested a cancellation (of Mobile Support) by email & phone within the 7 days following purchase.  The sales associate never mentioned having to create a ticket.

Yesterday, I was told I would need to creat a ticket. Immediately following this call, I created a ticket yesterday. 

After creating a ticket, I received an email acknowledging said ticket.  However, I never received a response.  I noticed that the ticket, after 13 hours, has been closed, with no explanation or any response, either by the case itself, or email, or by phone.

I have requested a refund through my credit card company.  They responded instantaneously.

Your software solution that I use seems rock-solid.  Tech support has also been helpful when I can reach it.  But Sales & Customer Support now seems devastatingly poor.  I just simply do not understand how hard it has been to get this resolved - but I sure feel like I've been ghosted.  I'm on the verge of recommending other remote control options other than Teamviewer.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,970 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Bardi,

Thank you for your message.

We are sorry for the inconveniences caused.

Could you please DM me your ticket ID? Even if the ticket has been closed, we will be able to find the case and make sure your request is processed as soon as possible.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

• Bardi
    Bardi Posts: 6 ✭✭

Hi JeanK, not sure what a DM is.  When I tried to message you directly, I got this  You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later.  I have never sent any Messages within this Community.

In any case, here is the Ticket ID: 

**Please do not post personal information**

What is this?  I can't send a message or post? "Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied."  Good grief!

• This does not work!

• Yuri_T

Hi @SaxonsITAccount ,

Thank you for your post.

You need to submit a ticket with your licnesed account.
    If you can't raise a ticket, you can reach out to our support team directly via local numbers found here. They will be happy to assist you.

Hope this helps!

Best, Yuri

• JeanK

Hello @Bardi,

The support team is still handling your case.

I will ask you for a little bit of patience, you will get a reply regarding your ticket.

Best,

Jean

Community Manager

• Hi @JeanK ,

I created a ticket to cancel my subscription weeks ago (maybe a month), but there's no any response from Teamviewer yet. Why is it so hard to cancel the subscription from Teamviewer? Can someone respond to me asap? My current subscription is to be auto renewed soon, but i don't want to renew. If I get charged, because your delay of hanlding of my ticket, i'll ask my credit card company to get refund from Teamviewer!

• JeanK

Hello @Xiaolin,

Could you send me in a private message your ticket ID?

I'd like to have a look at it.

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

• There was a company in Canada that did something similar... a Lawn service. They had their rear handed to them for fraudulent business practices, etc...

ie: Sales reps would call and ask them to get a free quote - if the homeowner said yes to the free quote, they would mark that as a sale. Instead of quoting, they would do the lawn, bill the 'client', who never signed anything, and report against creditors which greatly affected many thousands of people. It was impossible to cancel, or get any resolution.

It seems TV may be purposefully SLOW in cancellations in the hopes that you forget, and maybe get a few extra months out of you. Unfortunately, this isn't uncommon in businesses - even though it should be.

Keep records - if they charge you beyond the date of your cancellation request, then they have to return it.

Here I was thinking about what a nice idea it would be to have extra features on the personal use side of things, for a one time payment... But if things are this difficult for people paying $600 minimum per year, more than the cost of a phone contract with unlimited everything, then this may have been a bad idea...

I really hope they resolve these issues, quickly. It does seem like the moderators are trying to help; and that is an excellent sign. Are the moderators even paid, though? If not, why not? They should be on the support staff as they seem to respond very quickly. - The first responded in under 30 minutes of the original post - wow... If support was like that, then I'd be recommending this product more-so, but with all the bad in the community, and elsewhere, it just leaves a bad taste.

Also, I'm not saying remove the bad posts in the community - that wouldn't help as there are other places to post which are easily searchable which would produce the same result... I'm saying: Help the people having issues --- solve the problems, and do it within a reasonable timeframe.

-Josh Acecool
  • JeanK

Hello @Acecool

We understand that denied termination and cancellation requests generate frustration. However, I can guarantee you that TeamViewer does not use any kind of methods in order to deny termination/cancellation requests.

The rules are simple:

• For cancellation, the customer can send us a ticket and return the newly purchased TeamViewer license or AddOn licenses within 7-days from purchase and we will refund or cancel the invoice.
    • For termination, the customer has to send us a ticket at the latest 28 days prior to the renewal date.

Our decisions are all based on our EULA, which is approved and accepted by any customer that purchases a license. We handle every case in the same way, in order to stay fair among all our customers.

You will find all the information you need in the following articles/documentation :

Note: Additionally, termination/cancellation requests count from the date the customer sends in the ticket, regardless of how fast the request is processed.

I hope this could help.

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

• axxe
    axxe Posts: 3

I had contact with TV support a year ago and arranged to disable auto-renew on my account. Today they charged my credit card for another year - no 6-week warning. I'm going to dispute the charge with my credit card.

• russfray
    russfray Posts: 1
    edited January 2022

I am also posting notification today that I wish to cancel my automatically renewed TeamViewer account. email [removed per Community Guidelines] .  I will open a ticket today now aswell but am posting here notification in case there is a problem or delay.

• cancelpro11
    cancelpro11 Posts: 3 ✭✭

I can only full agree to all the previous poster.

It's really difficult and very user unfriendly that you can't easily cancel the subscribtion!

I will never buy any product from you as long as it's not easy possible to cancle the renew!

• cancelpro11
    cancelpro11 Posts: 3 ✭✭

Dear @JeanK .

I can't belive your statment because I can't open a ticket on the https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/contact/ site. When I follow the link on the site abouve https://www.teamviewer.com/support/ I can only contact sales or support.

Contact Sales: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/sales-inquiry/
      Here can I contact sales, but still not open a ticket. the link to cancle redirects to https://support.teamviewer.com/ It's a dead circle

Contact Support: https://support.teamviewer.com/
      This redirects to https://community.teamviewer.com/?category.id=en
      Where can I open a ticket there?

I will cancel my TeamViewer Business Abo please tell me how I can easily do this!

• JeanK

Hello @cancelpro11,

Opening https://support.teamviewer.com/a/ will prompt you to connect to your TeamViewer account. Once you have entered your credentials and connected to your account, it will lead you to the portal where you can open a ticket.

I hope this could help.

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

• JvdP
    JvdP Posts: 1

Your link does not go to a place where I can submit a ticket. 

I also think it it rediculous it is so hard to cancel a subscription. Also it is not correct to have a notice of 28 days for a 1000 euro subscription and it should be as easy to stop a subscription as it is to start the subscription. 

Where do I find a direct link to submit a ticket? I have been searching for 15 minutes. 

This does not feel right at all!!!

• Yuri_T

Hi @JvdP ,

Thank you for your post.

If the account is not linked to a valid TeamViewer license, the support portal will instead load the TeamViewer Community. So please keep in mind that submitting a ticket requires a valid TeamViewer license.

If you can't raise a ticket from this link, please call our support team so they will assist you further. 

Hope this will be helpful.

All the best,
    Yuri

• This is absolutely unethical. I’ve tried canceling for a long time. You cannot cancel online. You try to submit a ticket, then go to sales questions where they have a drop down for cancel my subscription but it takes you to the community page and not to a place to submit a cancelation ticket! So frustrating. 
  • Same problem! Cannot create the cancelation ticket! Teamviewer doesn't want to make it a smooth process so we give up. 

• I will also not be buying another TeamViewer product for this very reason.

Feels like a scam.

• The people at Teamviewer are unethical.

I was forced to upgrade to a commercial package in 2018 so that I could help my family with issues on their computers. I had 8 or 9 machines running at the time.  4 or 5 family members and a few of my own.  2 Media servers attached to speakers, games machine, laptop, etc.  I used to access these machines from any machine to play music, etc.  Because of the number of machines, I was flagged as commercial use.  I contacted teamviewer each year the message came up and they would reset it.  Eventually, Teamviewer told me they wouldn't reset it anymore and said that if I upgraded, everything would be fine.  I eventually gave in and upgraded only to discover I could only connect to 2 machines or so.  When I got hold of them, they told me I had to upgrade again.  I informed them I would never have upgraded if I knew this and that I would not be using the software going forward.  I told them I felt ripped off.  Their attitude **bleep** at the time as they basically just said I must pay more.  I then decided to terminate all my use of the software and over the course of the months that followed, I ended use of all teamviewer software and switched to an alternative.  Now, a year after being ripped off, they are insisting I pay them again for software that is overpriced, doesn't deliver on my needs and that I do not use.  I have informed them on 6 or so occasions (over and above my initial debate that I had them at the time when I initially upgraded) that I am not renewing but they will not accept it and insist on handing me over to a collection agency.

• Please can someone post a link to "Raise a Ticket" that actually works? I wasnt to cancel my subscription but all the links in this thread for raising a ticket simply point to here: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/

Where is there the option to raise a ticket?

• CRhamilton
    CRhamilton Posts: 2 ✭✭

If you go to this link

https://support.teamviewer.com/en/support/home

It should work

Capture.PNG

• I want to cancel my subscription. The link provided in the solution does not direct me to any ticket, I can't find it anywhere. I tried calling, but no consultant is available. I have emailed you and got an automatic response:
    Dear customer,

Please note that this email is an automated notification, which is unable to receive replies. If you need assistance, please contact us via www.teamviewer.com/support.

Cancel my subscription (both of them) and leave me alone. I consider my renewal cancelled. I did everything I could to make that happen.

• Ararag
    Ararag Posts: 2

So here I am a year later (please see my previous post). Teamviewer has charged the autorenewal on my credit card again despite my request already over a year ago to cancel the autorenewal. I have been in contact to support by phone, email and also made a ticket through the support webpage. It's been 11 days and no response to my ticket. Come on Teamviewer! I see no other option but to dispute the credit card charge.

• It is incredible how this company wants to make money by not allowing you to cancel a subscription, making it impossible to do so; they give you precise instructions you have to follow but they don't take you any where, the phone number they provide it only gives you prompts and the link to open a ticket keeps on opening tabs in your computer...

I need to cancel my subscription!!!!! I bought it a year a go and was unable to use it at all, ever!!!

• Please cancel my subscription. I have already requested cancellation since last year!!! why keep sending me invoice and asking me to pay??!! Ridicolous!!! Are you trying to rip us off???

For others who are planning to purchase TeamViewer license, think twice before you do that!

• Olsec
    Olsec Posts: 1

Hi there,

It's really grazy. Same here, trying already for more than 1 year to downgrade endprotection licence. Send a ton off emails, multible calls, mostly disconnect at the moment it's almost your turn. And the only digital message you will get is that there's not a ticket (?!!) 
    My god, never ever experienced a company who works like that. 
    In the end Teamviewer will be exit, don't want to spend money to a company like that anymore....wasted way to much time in trying, trying, mailen, calling....etc. 

Olsec.