New updates for TeamViewer 8 - 14

Answers

• Hello,

Same problem with Teamviewer 7 unable to cannect to thousands of M2M embeded clients with a corporate licence, since yesterday.

What are you doing Teamviewer !!

• Good Morning,

the problem is that I cannot update to another version.

Is it still possible to continue to use teamviewer 7?

Best Regards,

Flavio

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi Flavio,

Thanks for your post.

The versions of TeamViewer 5, 6, and 7 have been disconnected from our servers on January 15th, 2020.

This means, that these versions will no longer work.

You can download and install TeamViewer 9 manually on the affected devices.

I hope this info helps you.

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• DanieleB
    DanieleB Posts: 2 ✭✭

On many of our embedded systems we are unable to upgrade version due to space constraints and or incompatability of newer versions. They are on version 5 and 7 respectively.

How do we now assist our clients in these cases since these versions no longer work?

Teamviewer needs to find a solution to this problem else they will be losing a lot of clients to other remote assitance programs.

• unacceptable !!

Thousands of embeded clients with Teamviewer 7 (embeded = no access to upgrade)

• KL_X
    KL_X Posts: 2 ✭✭

550/5000
    I have stand-alone machines in the "HOST" version, without access in various locations - I can't update them now. The strangest thing is that some in version 7 are still working ...

Can you allow a few more days to update unavailable computers, this is a problem because to update you must first turn off the application but still less than inaccessibility ... that is, like forcing to use some alternative tool. Besides - there has always been backward compatibility, why such a drastic decision.

Why were yesterday's shutdown messages so invisible ?

• hi, ok with teamviewer 9 it works and accepts the license
    but it has taken away a possibility of changing pc
    ... as if it were a different pc

• Hi,

I have the same problem. I have several embeded devices with version 7 licensed does not support any other version. Is there any solution for this kind of issues?

Thanks

• posman
    posman Posts: 1

I have 2 or 3 hundred computers on V6 host that are cut off now. Because these were largely longterm historical customers for over 8 years I have maintained them at V6.

Even if we upgrade a purchased corporate licence to subscription model, how do we upgrade the host computers without significant interaction.

I am OK about subscribing, but how do we upgrade the hosts ?

• reid3335
    reid3335 Posts: 1

We have over 200 users on 7 & we cant access to upgrade them as they are spread across the state.  please help.

• Hi Natascha,

Yesterday we encountered a connectivity error although we have internet connection. We are using TeamViewer7.  Tried also to use data connection, but still problem persist. please refer to this link: [link was removed per Community Guidelines] for the screenshot of the error.

• Hi @Natascha 

Several users experienced the same problem all over the world. please check this link:

https://downdetector.com/status/teamviewer/

• @Esther wrote:

Hi Flavio,

Thanks for your post.

The versions of TeamViewer 5, 6, and 7 have been disconnected from our servers on January 15th, 2020.

This means, that these versions will no longer work.

You can download and install TeamViewer 9 manually on the affected devices.

I hope this info helps you.

Best, Esther

The license properties say that it will be valid until 1.01.2023. And then what?

• @Esther 

The license properties say that it will be valid until 1.01.2023. And then what?

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @maple-1c 

Thanks for your question.

The expiry date visible under Extras --> About TeamViewer: In the case of the updated licenses this thread is about, the expiry date is incorrect information and we are already working on removing it from the software. Your license in version 9 will be valid for the lifetime of TeamViewer in version 9. For now, we do not have a sunsetting date.

I hope this clarifies your question.

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Hello Teamviewer,

We have been corporate clients for several years. We have deployed several thousand Teamviexer 7 hosts on board (machine 2 machine).
    On January 15, you shut down the servers that allow us to maintain this equipment (on-board therefore non-upgradeable).
    No serious communication was made for this break in service. You leave your customers without efficient support. For a company that sells a support tool, this situation is incomprehensible.
    Will you be making a real obsolescence plan for your old versions or will you continue to cut your customers brutally from your paid services? Your communication is not serious.
  • Many Teamviewer customers are in this situation. We called support yesterday, the only solution is to upgrade.

They do not understand that you cannot simply upgrade an entire fleet.
    The solution would have been to support customers with a communication on obsolescence. of version 7.
    They prefer to force through and let go of impacted customers.
    In the absence of a solution, we will no longer work with teamviewer and will let people know.

• We are having the same connectivity issue as described here.
    The problem is with TeamViewer5.
    With the same error as in the screenshot provided by noraa31.

• KL_X
    KL_X Posts: 2 ✭✭

The message probably "helped" because some of yesterday operating on version 7 (HOST) has been disconnected ... but still several in version 7 (HOST) are active.

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Hi @lumiadmin 

Thank you for your post. 

I'm really sorry to hear what happened to you and want to deeply apologize for any inconveniences caused though. 

Regarding the shutdown of our versions 5-7, I have some useful information for you. 

• We informed all customers who are the owner of an active TeamViewer license from version 5 to 7 properly in an individual email communication that was sent out last year. 
    • We created an announcement combined with the information of the security updates for all newer versions which you can find here (hint: have also a look at the accepted solution). 
    • We do not and have never supported embedded systems. Therefore we were not and are unfortunately not able to help in any way. For a complete overview of the supported systems, I kindly recommend reading the following article: Which operating systems are supported?
    • If you are the owner of a newer license than TeamViewer 7 you were not informed as there was no need to. 

• Please keep in mind that using the latest updates is always recommended by every software developer on the market. Please check you systems and the used software from time to time and make sure to update it accordingly in order to receive all possible features. 

If there is anything we could help you with or if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again. 

I wish you a great day and a nice weekend ahead. 

All the best,
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Hi @noraa31, Hi @DanniHansen 

Thank you for your replies. 

I kindly ask you to have a look at our statement regarding the security patches for version 8-14 which includes the information about the shut down of version 5-7 (in the accepted solution).

You will find the announcement here

Thank you very much for your understanding and have a great day. 

All the best,
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• OK we all know now versions 5 through 8 are no longer functioning.

unfortunately I have to side with everyone who has big problems with remote support at the moment.

A message congratulations you’ve been given a free upgrade to version 9 is not helpful for all the machines we can’t reach anymore.

In what way was this communicated?? It would have been nice to have received a EOL Email in some way or just a message in the Team Viewer client would have been helpful.

we have 150+ machines all over Europe that we can`t reach anymore.

• kosma6
    kosma6 Posts: 3

Hello,

I use from many years Teamviewer5 and two days ago is start not working corectly.

First Not wok only few host now all host stop connetct to internet

"Not Ready, please check the internet connection"

I use windows 7, windows 10 ..

• hi 

i have multiple PCs has tv 6 

im not able to connect to them now 

and these pc showing not connected to TV servers 

hope to hear from you 

• HI all,

I've been an avid user of teamviewer since around 2011 or 2012. I know that business models tend to change over time and putting resources into a product that doesn't generate revenue tends to not make financial sense even though the entry point isn't very inexpensive.

We've noticed that some of our older clients using teamviewer 6 no longer generate user ID's they have passwords but no ID.

We have to manually go onsite, and uninstall and reinstall our most recent version. (we have a perpetual license for Teamviewer 12 Corp.

Is there any reason why 100% of our version 6 users are doing this?

We have no intention of upgrading,   We just simply can't justify spending the 200/month.  We were told by our rep we should get in now before it goes up.  theres no way..

Thanks for taking the time!

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,554 Moderator

Hi @kosma6@jabor4u and @1stCall ,

Thank you for your post on TeamViewer Community.

As TeamViewer has sunsetted the service of TeamViewer v5 - v7 at 15th January 2020, TeamViewer v5 would not be able to connect to TeamViewer server. We have offered all TeamViewer v5-v7 licensed cutstomers a free upgrade to TeamViewer v9. You may Download TeamViewer 9 manually. Kindly update your TeamViewer to TeamViewer v9 for active connections. 

If you have any questions and inquiries on the sunsetting action and free upgrade to TeamViewer v9, feel free to contact TeamViewer Support Team for further assistance.

Regards

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • Hi,

Do you have TeamViewer9.msi ? we have 300+ clients using Teamviewer 7 and now it is not working and needs to upgrade.

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,554 Moderator

Hi @noraa31,

Thank you for your post.

TeamViewer 9 MSI package is available for download from here. Kindly have your license key ready for downloading MSI package please.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • kosma6
    kosma6 Posts: 3

Hi, @Ying_Q 

Thanks for answer is very helpfull .

BTW your link for download ver 9 is not for ver 9 but for newest TV..

I find this and start download from here.
    https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Download-TeamViewer-8-and-9/ta-p/78348#toc-hId--**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs**

One more thing how make upgrade tv5 to tv9 wiithout install manualy ? Some user is far far away ? If I update TV5 from application I will get newest version ?

• Hello!

Do you plan to run version 7 for a short period of time? I ask because we use version 8 mainly, but we have version 7 in 50 locations to which we have lost access. If it were possible to run version 7 for 1 day, it would be enough to upgrade to the working version 8.

have a nice day!