Samsung Knox and TeamViewer

Comments

• t19670
    t19670 Posts: 2 ✭✭

We are having the same problems. We can connect to Samsung devices but cannot remote control them. Just a black screen.

We have a ticket logged but with no solution forthcoming.

did you have any update from them?

• t19670
    t19670 Posts: 2 ✭✭

We have the same problem. Did you get any solution from TeamViewer support?

• No updates regarding the ticket.
    It's been more that 5 day that the status is still as "Beeing process".

The blacks screen issue does not affect me but only if I use the last version of the Samsung Addon. The issue has been raised on the thread where TW announce their compliance with Knox.

My field of work does not allow me to just wait for a solution, I'm currently evaluating other solution if replacement is asked.

• Hello, I still haven't had an answer about the problem. It is being a neglect.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @USA@lucassardelari@christopherime@t19670@KINY@w4lter@adelavaud@emmaster@PHogeboom@ashdroid@px@Knox-Apollo@ERAG,

Thank you for all your messages.

For users who are using an Android Enterprise Solution (with an MDM) and seeing a black screen when connecting to a Samsung mobile device

If you are starting the QuickSupport within the private profile, the screen will be displayed normally. No issues here.

If you are starting the QuickSupport within the private profile and the user during the remote session switches to the work profile, the screen will turn black. Due to privacy reasons, this is the expected behaviour of the app.

If you are starting the QuickSupport within the work profile and the user during the remote session switches to the private profile, the screen will turn black. Due to privacy reasons, this is the expected behaviour of the app, as well.

However, if you are starting the QuickSupport within the work profile (and you stay within the work profile), you might experience a black screen and this is the situation where we need to work on. We are working closely with Samsung to find a solution as soon as possible. We will keep you posted in this thread.

We apologize for the inconveniences caused. and thank you in advance for your understanding.

Best regards,

Jean

Community Manager

• JeanK

Hello @Fran-Lima@ccombe@pghdev@ajolt151@pvcampbell@hcstest,

Thank you for all your messages.

For users who experience app crashes and screen scaling issues

These issues have been escalated to our dedicated team. Our engineers are working on a fix. The fix will be implemented in one of the next updates of the app (depending on how quick the issue is resolved). We will inform you in this thread when this fix will be available to download.

Note: If you own a TeamViewer license and you need an official answer of our technical support, feel free to open a ticket to get more detailed information about this issue.

We apologize for the inconveniences caused. and thank you in advance for your understanding.

Best regards,

Jean

Community Manager

• @JeanK 
    Fully managed devices have the black screen profil.

This configuration was not mentionned in your post.

I experience de black screen either with QuickSupport and Teamviewer Host all my device are configure as Fully Managed Android Enterprise.

• May this is only correct for Android 9 and below?

Because I tested on a Samsung Galaxy S10 SM-G973F with latest official Android 10 update:
    Using the QuickSupport App from private profile let me access the Work Profile and Apps

• Can you provide a prior downgrade version we can utilize through the play store or side load on our affected devices until this is resolved? I see posts dating back 3-4 weeks and am concerned on a timeline even though this is a known issue. 

• Delroy
    Delroy Posts: 6

@Esther @JeanK  Sadly this is still not working

We use Workspace One MDM and Android for Work.
    As soon as we connect and minimize the App we get a Blackscreen. No matter where the app was started.

If the user Switches into an App we can steer the App but not the whole Device.

We tested it with Samsung A50, S10e, S10 and Note10+. Regardless of a fresh install or a newly one.

Is it possible to give us a Rollback or something? 

• JeanK

Thank you for your message @Delroy.

As the whole Add-on system is not working anymore, we cannot provide you with a rollback.

We thank you in advance for your understanding.

Best regards,

Jean

Community Manager

• Delroy

But what is the plan for the Future @JeanK ?

You did not provide any feedback to the actual problem.

• JeanK

@Delroy

As mentioned in our previous post:

We are working closely with Samsung to find a solution as soon as possible. We will keep you posted in this thread.

Best regards,

Jean

Community Manager

• Android QuickViewer Version 15.2.37 released at 28th January.
    Tested onto Android Enterprise enrolled devices with the latest firmware and the latest TeamViewer for Windows V15.2.2756.0:
    Samsung Galaxy S8 (Android 9):
    Private Access: OK,just private Apps and System can be accessed and controlled
    Work Access: Not OK > after connection is established to QuickViewer, trying to switch to any app result in a black screen no way to access any work app!
    Samsung Galaxy S10 (Android 10):
    Private Access: OK?  Private $ Work Apps and System can be accessed and controlled (whole system accessible, this is what support keeps simple ;-))
    Work Access: almost OK, after connection is established access to just Work Apps is working for a short time. Switching through Work Apps results sometime in a black screen.

• Delroy

@JeanK Tested the new update:

Personal space installation via AfW no Problem/no blackscreens.
    We can switch into all worked managed apps w/o problems.
    Tested on Note10+ with Android10

Update: Tested with Samsung A50 and Android 9, still not usable. Blackscreens everywhere. No navigation possible.

Using the latest version in the Workspace we still get the usual blackscreen. Switching into an app like Mails or Calendar it appears and we can remotely navigate. So, in App navigation works but we cannot see the Workspace at all.

Using MDM Workspace One with Android for Work.

Cheers

• @JeanK @Esther 

Just tested with the latest version:

Still blackscreen with either Host or Quicksupport

Desktop:

Teamviewer: 15.1.3937

Android:

Quicksupport 15.2.37

Host: 15.2.22

Hardware:

Model: SM-T395

Android 9

Base: T395XXU6CSL1

Android Enterprise full managed (no mix work / private profil)

• Raimy
    Raimy Posts: 1

Dear team TeamViewer,

Since update 15.1.24 we are unable to take over devices when starting TeamViewer from our work profile. After we established a connection, as soon we want to try anything, the screen will turn black. 
    After the new update 15.2.37 it still doesn't work.

When starting TeamViewer from the private profile (no restrictions) TeamViewer will work. But it stops working when you try to open 1 of the apps in the private profile.

We use as MDM mobileIron. We contacted them, but we were being told to contact you.

I noticed multiple organisations are having this problem: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Mobile/Samsung-Knox-and-TeamViewer/td-p/78956

I hope i gave enough information and I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,

Raimy

• @JeanK @Esther

I've been testing version 15.2.37 within our MDM solution - Microsoft Intune. Our devices are currently enrolled under Android Device Admin. The previous versions of Quick Support (with the Samsung add on) worked fine but since the consolidated version was released, we get presented with a blank screen when connecting to the phones.

The configuration policies within our organisation actively block screen capture, to safeguard corporate data however if this setting is allowed, the latest version of Quick Support (15.2.37) no longer displays a blank screen and works as expected. So from my observation, the fundamental change is that the new application needs screen capture to allowed , whereas the previous versions didn't.

We are not in a position to allow screen capture so I wonder if this can be looked into further

• w4lter
    w4lter Posts: 7 ✭✭

new version (15.2.41) shoud fix the black screen.

on android 10, that's correct, the black screen is gone, but -> we can't control the device. there is also a new popup information: exposing sensitive info during casting/recording (maybe that's the point?).

on android 9, there is still a black screen...?

are you guys have the same issues with the new update?

best regards walter

• We are having the same issues with 15.2.41, as we have with the two previous releases.  The new application now displays a disclaimer about screen capture being possible which you have to accept.  We are then presented with a black screen.  As stated previously our organisation actively blocks secure capture on the whole for users however the old version's of quick support, used in conjunction with the Samsung add-on worked even though screen capture was blocked.

• I dont see any update for Teamviewer Host, still 15.2.22

• w4lter

@DELMAT 

we're talking about quicksupport.

host is still on 15.2.22

• JeanK

Hello @USA@lucassardelari@christopherime@t19670@KINY@w4lter@adelavaud@emmaster@PHogeboom@ashdroid@px@Knox-Apollo@ERAG,

As @w4lter already mentioned, we released a hotfix for the Android QuickSupport app.
    This hotfix should fix the issues mentioned in this thread. ?

Feel free to update your app on your devices, or to download the APK directly via our website.

We thank you all for your proactiveness and hope that all the issues you had are now fixed.

We are looking forward to reading about your feedback.

Happy connections!

Jean

Community Manager

• JeanK

Community Manager

• w4lter

Hello @JeanK 

did you read my entire comment?

The new version of quicksupport (hotfix) is also broken, at least in our environment (mobileiron + android with work profile + samsung devices)

best regards

walter

• When will the hotfix for Teamviewer Host be released? We need to assign mobiles to our company account on Teamviewer. In the QuickSupport version, the user can grant remote access to any stranger to the work profile, which for us is unacceptable for safety reasons.

• Hey there,

as mentioned, YES the Blackscreen is gone... BUT we cannnot take control inside the work container. Using Airwatch/Workspace One MDM. No restrictions added.

Installed inside the personal container we can Controll everything...

It seems that there is still an issue with Knox container in genereal.

• Hi @Delroy , Hi all

We use Microsoft Intune as our MDM/EMM/UEM with Samsung devices from Android 8 Oreo to 10 Q. Our situation is not 100% the same as yours - QuickSupport installed in the work profile:

• We can control Work Profile Apps
    • We can even tap the App-Overview-, the Home- and the Back-Virtual-Keys or swipe down to see the menu.
    • We can't see or control SAP Fiori. I guess this is related to the Screenshot-Protection in SAP Fiori.
    • We can't control system apps or private apps

If we install QuickSupport in personal container, we can see and control all Apps (except SAP Fiori).
    What I also saw, that QuickSupport needs two "new rights": Stay in front and we have to accept Streaming at every connection.

Regards
    Sebastian

• "What I also saw, that QuickSupport needs two "new rights": Stay in front and we have to accept Streaming at every connection."

Hi,
    I confirm, even with full authorisation for any App from MDM configuration, the "Stay in front" is not acknowledge et has to be manuelle done per devices.

• Knox-Apollo
    Knox-Apollo Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi all, attached the result after my current test:

System:  Samsung XC4s OS9 in COPE mode (personal+work) , QS 15.2.41

QS installed in private area:
    - no blackscreens anymore (private+work area) => ok
    - remote support in private area => ok
    - remote support in work area => not working

QS installed in work area:
    - no blackscreens anymore (private+work area) => ok
    - remote support in private area => not working
    - remote support in work area => not working