New updates for TeamViewer 8 - 14

Answers

• UNES
    UNES Posts: 1

Our company has TeamViewer 7 : one Business licence, one Add-On licence AND customized QS for customers (simplified client, with our company logo, localized text, downloadable from our companys web page).

Last week we noticed:

- The business licence updated to 9, seems to work ok. "Lifetime" licence is now valid until 1/1/2023

- Add-On licence: does not work (no connection), and after update (to version 9), lost licence information.

- Customized QS: does not work (no connection).

TeamViewer has been critical tool when our customers need technical support. Last days been quite busy without this possibilty to help our customers.

So, only solution is to use money to update our "lifetime" licences?

EDIT: Our case was quite simple one. Our both licences (Business + AddOn) updated to 9. We changed our customer side customized QS 7 to standard TeamViewerQS 9. Not the best solution, but it works now, and our customers (over 500) can get our technical support again when needed. I understand the pain of those having remote hosts and similar cases.

• ecadz
    ecadz Posts: 1

i have bought team viewer 7 some years ago and it was working till last week without any problem. Unfortunately since last week it's not getting connected to the server. My operating system is Windows 7. It's showing the message "Not ready. please check your connection" whereas my computer is already connected to internet and other sites are working perfectly as before.

Can you please fix the problem

• luipiaram
    luipiaram Posts: 1

Good morning,
    we have some customers with windows 2000 sp4 operating system and we tried to install teamviewer versione 8 and 9 without success.

How we can manage this situation?

thanks

• Apart from that we found ourselves unable to reach our most remote hosts, for which many of us had invested in teamviwer precisely for their management, we find ourselves even without the QS customized with our passwords.
    Considering the inconvenience you have caused us, you should activate the possibility of reaching the old hosts 6 and 7 at least until the end of the month.

• Hello

Are you able to expand on 'automatic upgrade to a newer version'? Does this mean our customer machines running TV7 or earlier will be automatically upgraded (via forced  update?), or will we have to RDP into these machines through their local network to update them ourselves manually? Our business has a corporate licence and we suppply software support for a lot of Independant food retail companies across Australia/PNG with hundreds of computers running TeamViewer for remote access. Most of our customers run TV on food scales, pos lanes etc and do not know how to update the TV client. Please advise.

Kind Regards

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,554 Moderator

Hi @desko,

Thank you for posting on TeamViewr Community and sorry for the late reply.

Let us break down your post into following parts please:

1. TeamViewer v6 - TeamViewer v6 servicehas been sunsetted from accessing TeamViewer server on 15th January 2020. Kindly see the [Update] New updates for TeamViewer 8 - 14 for the latest updates and communication. Your TeamViewer v6 license should have been updated to TeamViewer v9 automatically in TeamViewer system. 
    2. TeamViewer with Windows XP - Kindly check out the supported OS version from TeamViewer and supported Windows OS, the most update to date TeamViewer version is TeamViewer 14.2 which is compatible with Windows XP. However, if you are holding any older license e.g. TeamViewer v9, please make sure that your only use TeamViewer v9 software on the devices which run Windows XP.
    3. TeamViewer 15 - You are welcomed to update your current TeamViewer license to TeamViewer Subscription plan. Or simply contact TeamViewer Sales Team for a customised solution.
    4. Static password - within TeamViewer security functions, you may set up a Personal Password, it is a password saved within TeamViewer software and does not change randomly.

For more discussion and confirmation about the questions above, feel free to contact TeamViewer Support Team for further assistance please.

Hope the information above will be helpful and thank you for your understanding.

Regards

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • Good afternoon,

I am wondering if an e-mail gets send out to all users or only the users that have either a 5, 6 or 7 license themselves?

If an e-mail did get send for the new end date. i have not recieved any e-mail yet hence why i am asking. now i've been checking the forums since thurseday since we've lost about 160 of our customers who have older systems.  luckely todat we've noticed about half of those returning to function. and we have updated these systems to atleast TV version 9. shamefully the other half of the systems we will need to physicly go to.

Kind Regards,

Joey Kesselaar

• enphys
    enphys Posts: 1

Hi,

We have updated teamviewer 6 to 9 and it is working no problem ok.

But something is going wrong about perpetual licenses.. It shows our licence expire date About>Licence Expire date 01.01.2022 what? This is perpetual? 

How to fix this expiration period problem? 

thx

• SNSUSA
    SNSUSA Posts: 2

How do I create a TeamViewer 9 QuickSupport module with a cusom logo?  If I go through management console it creates it in V15.

• Nathan026
    Nathan026 Posts: 1

With over 1000 TeamViewer hosts in our contact list all on different versions, is there a simple way to get a list of the hosts and their versions? This would help us make the new deadline.

• mLipok
    mLipok Posts: 781 ⭐Star⭐

I asked the same question long time ago (in some other form).

I'm curious in answer from TV Team.

EDIT:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/API-and-Scripting/How-to-get-list-of-outdated-host/m-p/68432#M1061

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @SNSUSA

Thank you for your message.

To create QuickSupport module in version 9, you need to activate your license on your TeamViewer license. Once it's done, you will be able to create modules in version 9.

This is how to proceed:

1. Login to your account via the Management Console
    2. Click on your name in the upper right corner, then click on Edit Profile
    3. In the General tab, line License, click on Change licenseActivate license0.png

4. Click on Legacy License Key ActivationActivate license.png

5. Enter your license key (the key is indicated your latest invoice) and confirm with Upgrade & Logout
      Activate license_2.png

6. Now, your modules should be created in version 9.

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

• bank1
    bank1 Posts: 1

I have a license in 7.0 version. After update to 9.0 I have a monit license no. is no valid

Licese no 

Andrzej 

[post edited by a moderator - personal information removed]

• kosma6
    kosma6 Posts: 3

Remote update only update to newest version of TeamViewer current version or the newest on the market ..?? We need 9 version ...

Screenshot from 2020-01-22 15-07-41.png

• SNSUSA
    SNSUSA Posts: 2

Thanks for the quick response.  I tried to activate my legacy license but receive the message "The license you tried to activate is already activated on another TeamViewer account."  I used the license key when I upgraded my PC to V9 via the TeamViewer_Setup.exe.  How can I tell which email address this is linked to?  How do I get this corrected?

Thanks.

• Boujour,
    Thank you for taking into account the alerts from companies affected by this downtime. (Corporate customer license, maintenance by teamviewer of embedded systems with TW host v7 to v15)
    We have 2000 embedded systems to patch remotely.
    The delay of a few days is short before the servers are shut down again on February 5.
    Can you extend this deadline?
    thank you for your reply

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @lumiadmin 

Thanks for your post.

I understand that this situation as not ideal for you as well as other customers.

While TeamViewer 8 and above received the security patch in December, the versions older than TeamViewer 8 couldn’t be patched. This is the reason why we needed to deactivate the versions 5 -7 a few days ago.

The security aspect is also the reason why we cannot extend this period longer, and we can only stress the importance of updating to -at least- TeamViewer 8.

Thank you for your understanding that security has the utmost importance for TeamViewer, and please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this causes to you!

Thanks and best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Thank you.

Is there a link for download teamviewer quick support 9 ?

• Hello,

Could you tell me where i can found download links for teamviewer V7 and V6 ?

I need it for industrial computer under Windows 98/95.

Thanks,

• tez
    tez Posts: 7 ✭✭

I would question the legitamacy of turning off the servers as the contract states that they gurantee that they would provide services for a minimum of 10 years. It doesn't matter if they changed the T&C on later versions, if your agreement remained at a specific version, those terms still apply.

Eventually they will mop up all those who remain on perpetual and force people to subscription.

• AndrewMorison
    AndrewMorison Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi @Natascha / TV,

As others have asked, but we don't seem to have received a reply; some of us have thousands of remote endpoints within our Management Console. There doesn't seem to be an easy way that I can see, that it shows the version of the client.

For lots of your partners who have owned Teamviewer going back for us to Version 3, we need a way for the console or a report, to tell us which ID's have what version.

It's not possible for us to log into each of them to find out.

I'm sure that each client when they connect to your servers, tells you what version they are, all we are asking is for this to be passed on to us.

Without it, it could do, untold damage should a device be deactivated and we are not able to regain access to the main in case of an issue with our customer. We would be held liable for this.

I'm sure this is not an unfair request.

Please note, that I am also very unhappy that only those who held those license 5-7 were told about this. Surely you understand that your user base don't upgrade all clients to the latest just because you have the latest version yourselves.

Look forward to a quick response, with another possible delay to take into account all of those partners who are now unknowingly going to have issues.

Andrew Morison
    IT Group Manager
    Techno Group

• runs only until February 5th, 2020

[Third-party download link removed by moderator - to ensure security please only download TeamViewer from the official website]

• Esther

Hi @AndrewMorison 

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

While we do offer a service that could provide such information (called: TeamViewer Monitoring & Asset Management)  it would not work in this scenario (with TeamViewer versions under v11) on the remote devices. More info here.

Hi @ADMINPYRAM 

TeamViewer 5, 6 and 7 are no longer available for downloads. The "oldest" possible version to download is TeamViewer 8. Here is the link to get the download: Download TeamViewer 8 and 9

In addition, TeamViewer does not support TeamViewer on Windows 95/98. Please find more information about which operating systems are supported here: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Which-operating-systems-are-supported/ta-p/24141

Thanks for your understanding,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• As per your latest email about the connectivity of Teamveiwer 7, I download Teamviewer 9 as suggested.  However, when I applied my version 7 licence the message that the licence was invalid for this version (9).

How can I continue to use Teamveiwer with my Version 7 licence?

Please reply to my email linked to this account.

• Esther

Hi @pauld4950 

Can you send me your company details incl. the email address of the purchaser via a private message? So we can check your case quickly.

Thanks, Esther

Former Community Manager

• mLipok
    mLipok Posts: 781 ⭐Star⭐

@Esther wrote:
    ============================================
    Can I get a list of TeamViewer IDs from all my remote devices?
    TeamViewer can not provide you with such a list.

If you were saving all your remote devices within the TeamViewer Manager or the Computer & Contacts list (aka Partner list in older versions), you can connect to those devices and perform the remote update.

The questions was 
    @Nathan026 wrote:

With over 1000 TeamViewer hosts in our contact list all on different versions, is there a simple way to get a list of the hosts and their versions? This would help us make the new deadline.

Specyfically:
    "is there a simple way to get a list of the hosts and their versions?"

My Conclusion:

The problem is how to prevent problems, i.e. how do I know where the old versions are, of course without logging into remote hosts.

The point is not to log on to unnecessary hosts that are up-to-date.

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • 100% why I just looked at this thread.  We have hundreds of connections. Dont want to connect to each one. If TV knows the version of TV, why cant they put like a nice Icon on the screen so we know what one needs to be updated.   That would be a huge huge help!  

Also, we didnt get that email, and this isn't enough time.  This is going to cause some serious ripples for people, including us. 

• Esther

Hi all,

Thank you for the feedback provided.

I understand that the timeline for the deactivation of old TeamViewer versions could be tight for some users, but we need to move forward with this initiative.

We communicated the sun-setting of older versions of TeamViewer on December 12th, 2019 and that the ability for those older versions to work would cease on January 15th, 2020.

To give a bit of extra time to those customers who haven‘t finished their updates
    yet, we have extended that January 15th-window by 2 weeks. We will not be able to extend that window any further than February 6th, 2020

We ask that you update your old TeamViewer clients. After February 6th, 2020, TeamViewer 8 and later versions will still function and receive updates.

Thank you for your understanding, and please accept our apologies for any
    inconvenience this causes you!

Best,

Esther

Former Community Manager