I would like to know mac addresses of my devices

ca
ca Posts: 3
edited November 2022 in General questions

To whom it may concern,

I have a problem all my devices has been stoled, I would like to know if it possible to give me all my mac addreses for devices listed on your system.

Comments

• Jeremy
    Jeremy Posts: 106 Staff member 🤠

Hi @ca,

For privacy reasons, our systems do not collect the MAC addresses of your devices at all. We have no way of knowing what they are.

Regards,
    Jeremy
    TeamViewer Quality Assurance Engineer
  • ca

hi @Jeremy, i want your help i need for all my Computers that i have in my group with this email i need Mac address because my computers are stolen,i raported to policy and they have asked to my internet operator for that but they usually get time i want your help if you can thank you.

• Jeremy
    Jeremy Posts: 106 Staff member 🤠

Hi @ca, as I already mentioned, we don't collect or store the MAC addresses of the computers that use TeamViewer. The information you're asking for simply does not exist. Therefore I'm afraid we can't help you with this. You'll need to contact your internet provider to see if they can help.

Regards,
    Jeremy
    TeamViewer Quality Assurance Engineer
  • bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

You might try keeping an eye on your TV and seeing if any of the systems pop online though. If they are laptops you might be able to get a pic of who's using the system. Also if you can connect, On the ribbon at the top of the screen under actions there is disable remote input and show black screen options. that might be enough to buy you some time on the systems to clean them out and or get some other info.

Lastly, I recomend looking at Lojack for Laptops for your future machines. I have used it successfully for years.

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • zim32
    zim32 Posts: 1

How do you use Wake on LAN feature if you did not store MAC addresses?

• ca
    they can help me to get more fast when are im use now my motherboards but dont want to help me!
  • bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

I use WOL by redirecting through other TeamViewer clients on machines that do not get turned off ever inside my network. By doing this I did not need to open up any extra holes in my firewall. I don't see what this has to do with the original topic though.

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • TZiady
    TZiady Posts: 5 ✭✭

I know this is an extremely old post. I understand of having a local machine that helps with WOL. However, how do you easily manage collecting your MAC addresses? I guess I can use our routers at different locations; but you would think that team viewer would be a perfect place for collecting and organizing your MAC addresses?

Is it possible to create a script so that when I first install TeamViewer host on a machine, it will gather that info for me and put it in the notes or anything in a similar vain?

I understand the security implications; however, it would seem almost a necessity to help with WOL services. Otherwise it is just a PIA to do manually. LMAO :P

Thanks,

T