Quick Support and Mac

Tried using Quick Support with a client on a Mac (I'm on PC) yesterday. Client gave me his Partner ID and each time it said he was running an older version so we couldn't connect. So I had him go up and download again (thinking the current version would be the one available). He downloaded, gave me his Partner ID (as displayed in the Quick Remote app) and it still said he was running an outdated version.

Anybody have any ideas as to what I'm missing here? Never had a problem with this process before. Is it that he's on a Mac? Or maybe that he's in Canada and I'm in the US? Full moon? Really stumped here.

Tagged:

Comments

• tflora
    tflora Posts: 4 ✭✭

Really need some help regarding this issue. If no one can help, can someone at least let me know the best way to contact TeamViewer support directly?

• tflora
    tflora Posts: 4 ✭✭

Gee what an active support group! Color me gone. I'll find another product that works better, has more features and company actually answers product-related questions so their users can get their jobs done. Sad....disappointing.

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Hello @tflora 

Thank you for your post.

Please know the TeamViewer community is a user-based community - many solutions come from other users like yourself; we cannot guarantee every post may be seen by a support rep.

Licensed users are able to receive phone and ticket support for any TeamViewer-related issues.

In regards to your case, I can confirm both download pages download 15.2.2756 - the first step would be to confirm that both of you are on this version (Help -> About TeamViewer on Windows, TeamViewer -> About TeamViewer on Mac). 

Please also ensure the remote machine has not installed the Insider Builds, as this would also cause such an alert. If this was installed, TeamViewer and the configuration settings would need to first be uninstalled before the latest official version could be installed.

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---