Remove Teamviewer from startup

I have no options set to have TeamViewer as startup item (both in the TeamViewer preferences and in my OSX preferences/users/login items), yet, I have two TeamViewer files on my /Library/LaunchAgents namely:

com.teamviewer.teamviewer_desktop.plist

com.teamviewer.teamviewer.plist

I don't want these there, as it feels very shady to have a remote desktop app launching with my system everytime I boot where I have no option to disable it. These files literally set the TeamViewer app to "RunAsAgent" and no, I want no agents. How do I disable these? Can I just erase these 2 files? Why TeamViewer wants to install "agents" anyway, is it a spyware?

I understand the need for agents if I pick the choice to connect to the machine I installed TeamViewer on, but if I just want to connect to others and have no desire to make this machine a host, the lack of option to disable the agent is shady as it gets.

Do I need to install/uninstall TeamViewer everytime I want to use it or I have a way to remove these agents/files from my system?

Tagged:

Comments

• maxreenact
    maxreenact Posts: 2 ✭✭

Let me rephrase my post since apparently this is a "business strategy" (as TeamViewer no longer even offers a separated remote support app anymore, wich would make more sense for users like me).

Would adding these agents to Mac OS launchctl override database harm my system? Because AFAIK I could simply run:

launchctl unload -w {,~}/Library/LaunchAgents/com.teamviewer.*.plist
    sudo launchctl unload -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.teamviewer.*.plist

Serious question because I've seen people bricking their Macs with TeamViewer uninstalls.

C'mon TeamViewer team, you gotta give a way for us to step out of your Matrix here, otherwise TeamViewer can officially be considered malware:

Silent startup agents = evil. But if you can disable in app options = Fine.
    Silent startup agents admin can't remove = malware.

You can only pick oneYou can only pick one

• PeterConnolly
    PeterConnolly Posts: 4 ✭✭

These guys are pure evil! Teamviewer knows all about this I have contacted them and they refuse to help!!! NOTHING!!!

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,205 Moderator

Hi PeterConnolly,

Thank you for contacting TeamViewer Community.

We are sorry about your negative experience.

Could you please tell us more information and what was happened to you? So that we may assist you further.

Please kindly provide any personal information on Private Message.

Hope to hear from you.

Best regards,

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター