Unable To Disable 2fa even with the Recovery code

Hello, I am Unable to change my password since it asks for a security code.

The only thing that i rely on is the Recovery code printed. I dont recall the password and i dont have the security code asked. It doesnt let me change the password and even it doesnt let me turn off 2fa with the saved code.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best Answer

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @cramiro

Thank you for your message. ✌

Can you please click on the following link and sign in with your TeamViewer credentials?

https://login.teamviewer.com/LogOn#deactivate-tfa

You will be asked for the recovery code and may enter it.

The TFA is deactivated afterwards. To make the changes apply, it may be necessary to sign out and in again.

Hope this could help and wish you a great day. ?

All the best,

Jean

Community Manager

• Thanks For the suggestion but i can´t login this way, because i lost my password, but i do have the recovery Code. There is no way someone could put just the recovery code and username.

• JeanK

Have you tried to reset your password? ?️‍♂️

You can use this link: https://login.teamviewer.com/LogOn#lost-password

Once you have reset your password, you will be able to enter your recovery code. ?

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

• I don't have the password.

I don't have the Authenticator App

I just have the recovery Code, access to my email and specific data about when i created the account.

I would be willing to reset the account if it could be done on your side. and provide any information required.

Thanks

• It States that it needs the security code that i don't have to proceed further.

That Didn't help me out. Thanks anyway @JeanK 

• If Instead of the security code i would be able to enter the recovery code....

it says just back to sign in. as an option

• yb003
    yb003 Posts: 3

Hi all:

I am free user,recently my phone has been lost,cause I can't use MFA to login ,my recovery code has been lost either.I follow this post  https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/General-Questions/Unable-To-Disable-2fa-even-with-the-Recovery-c...

to send emal to privacy@teamviewer.com,request for deletion my account ,but many days have passed and I have not received any reply,could you help me ? my account is ***personal information has been removed***

• abchase
    abchase Posts: 1

I need to have an older account removed. Needless to say, if you live in California, or the EU, TeamViewer MUST provide a way for you to remove an account. I no longer have access to my old account as my 2FA device and backup codes were lost in a fire. I am requesting to remove my old account. 

Due to it being a Freee account, the folks at TeamViewer refuse to provide me an alternative other than to post here.

• JeanK

Hello @abchase

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

Please contact privacy@teamviewer.com

Our dedicated team will help you to delete your old account.

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager

• AznEngma
    AznEngma Posts: 1

Hello - I cannot remember my free account PW and am trying to reset the PW.  I no longer have access to the 2FA, but I did find the recovery code.

All community answers point to having to post here and wait for a moderator to help direct further support.  I would prefer not to have to delete and recreate the account, but am ok if that's the only option.

• JeanK

Hello @AznEngma,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

Please refer to our post here: Re: Unable To Disable 2fa even with the Recovery code 

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager

• jason14
    jason14 Posts: 1

Unable to deactivate 2fa, lost my recovery code, unable to create ticket because it keeps bringing me back to community.

• Husny
    Husny Posts: 0
    edited December 2020

Hello sir

I lose access to my account due 2 verification using google authenticator... when i formatted my phone i thought all applications will still available in that authenticator, unfortunately not. Specially that am using same sim number. 

Plz help me to deactivate 2 step authenticator ... 

My email account is 

[email address removed by moderator per community guidelines]

Pass is 

l*******!

Regards

• Husny
    Husny Posts: 0
    edited January 2021

Hello Sir,

I lose my account due 2 step authentication using google authenticator..

that because i formatted my mobile, but this pc device was added to trusted devices.

i thought when i redownload google authenticator all apps will be still exists, unfortunately no.

i have (logs, e-mails, controlled IP) which proved that am the owner of the account ...

plz help me

ex-account : **Do Not Post Email Addresses**

pass : l???????!

• fr0ster
    fr0ster Posts: 0

Hi

I lost recovery codes and can't bypass 2FA or reuse my e-mail for TeamViewer account.

How I can reuse my old e-mail, I won't create lots of new e-mail.

Thanks

Kyslytsia Oleksij

• this is wrong programming, why did i save the recovery key for ? i have the password and recovery key just not the authenticator app and still cannot deactivate tfa.

this is a joke really ...

• this is wrong programming, why did i save the recovery key for ? i have the password and recovery key just not the authenticator app and still cannot deactivate tfa (or get the 2fa codes).

this is a joke really ...

• Matt76
    Matt76 Posts: 1

Dear Sir, Madam

I have the Passwort for my Teamviewer Account. I also have the 16 digit Recovery Code. I am trying to deactive the 2FA but it is asking for a 6 digit Security code which I dont have.

I have lost Teamviewer on my Authenticator App.

How can i deactivate the 2FA?

Regards

Matt