TeamViewer on Mac 10.10.5 Yosemite can no longer control any other computer

Bruce8
Bruce8 Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

I have been testing over the last two days for hours, and there is no more any way for my main computer, an iMac 2010 running OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite, to control any other computer any more.

Either it gets the 5 minute time-out warning, or else it just can't connect.

Reason being that the last TeamViewer release for Yosemite 10.10 was TV v13.2.75535 or 75536 released on Apr 23 2019. (note that the program shows its final version node as 75535 in some places, and 75536 in the About TeamViewer Apple Menu info window when running the program).

When I try to connect to a computer running any TeamViewer QuickSupport release of version 13 or less, I am given a warning that program will timeout/stop after 5 minutes since the QS version is too old. But when I update the remote computer to TV QS version 14, now TeamViewer (full) on my Mac states it cannot control a newer remote QS version. So it asks if I wish to update my local FULL TeamViewer (from v13 to 14). I know it will fail, but click yes install anyway. It downloads v 14, then insists that there is no compatible computer hard drive.

So I am totally stuck, I have the latest possible for Yosemite, but it won't any longer connect to anyone for more than 5 minutes (seemed less than that in my testing...).

Since the QS must be running version 14 to avoid the 5-minute timeout limitation, and since my iMac Yosemite can only run last final release of version 13, and since TeamViewer 'rule' is that the TeamViewer Full (controlling side) must be at same or higher version than QS side -- well I can no longer make it work.

Very sad about this. Even though I only use it a few times a year to help family or friend diagnose issues, or give a little tutorial, but wont be able to any more.

Can you please suggest some method or alternative which still supports Yosemite?

Thank you.

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,986 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Bruce8,

Thank you for your message.

TeamViewer is free to use with the latest version. If you are using a hard/software which is not compatible with our latest version, the only solution would be to get a license.

Licensed users can use previous versions as well.

We are sorry and thank you for your understanding.

Best,

Jean

Community Manager

• Hello,

i have also a Mac with 10.10 osX , can i download an older version of team viewer that i can remote my mac with this?

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

HI @Dimitris76 

Here you can find the links to download older versions of TeamViewer.

Please keep in mind that you need to have an active TeamViewer license to connect from or to older versions. With the free version, only TeamViewer 15 works.

Thanks and best,

Esther

Former Community Manager