authentication required to open Options menu

when I tried to open Options menu & entered, "authentication required" window came up.  Even I entered the right password, it keeps asking.

How can I reset the authentication or clear the issue?  Thanks.

Comments

• bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

I know how to resolve this, I need some guidance from @Jonathan or @Esther on if it is OK to answer it publicly or if I should do it via a private message maybe?

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • jamesc1
    jamesc1 Posts: 3

Hi bartlanz,

Public message is fine as long as it will not show my private information or data.

• bartlanz

James I apreciate what you are saying. I am looking to them for advice simply because I am not comfortable publishing or advising on how to get around their security without their permission.

If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • bartlanz

@jamesc1 The correct way of handeling this would first be to contact your IT contact and have them help you out with it. I am asuming that you are the IT contact. There for my recomendation to fix this is going to be uninstall TeamViewer (Make sure you check the option for remove settings) and re-install it. This will reset the settings and allow you into the options section.

Bart Lanzillotti