Teamviewer on IPhone doesn't work

Hi,

I installed Teamviewer QS on my mothers Iphone6 (iOS12).

Everything works well but as soon as I try to connect remote, she can push the screen recording button but the only thing it does, is actually recording the screen. It doesn't send any screens to the remote-session. So I can't help her.

Since my mum is 87, she has frequently a question. What do I have to adjust in the settings or anywhere else to get this thing working?

Tagged:

Comments

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @FF_Holland 

As you can see in this article, "The screensharing allows supporters to provide the best possible support for iPhone and iPad users as they can see exactly what’s happening on the device screen and can guide users better on solving issues on their device."

Currently, for iOS devices Teamviewer doesn't offer the ability to remotely manage them.

Best regards

• hi IT Pro,

thank you for your reply.
    Obviously I wasn't clear enough in my post.
    My request was not to take over her IPhone, I just want to see her screen and guide her through some steps to take.
    Now, the problem is, I took all the steps on my mums device to install everything, including the screen recording button, but when I try to have a remote look on het screen and she presses the recording button, as requested by Teamviewer QS, in stead of giving me a look on het screen, her screen is being recorded. I don't get access to look at it remotely. So, what do I need to do to get this working well?
    I don't see Teamviewer here...I don't see Teamviewer here...

• Vatsilidis

Hi

From the screenshot you shared, I think that you are one step before the screen transmission start.

After you see the time counting you must press the Teamviewer icon at the center to grant this app share your screen.

Here are all the steps.

IMG_0371.PNGIMG_0372.PNGIMG_0373.PNGIMG_0375 copy.PNGIMG_0375.PNG

The final image shows that I must press to the TeamViewer icon to grant it access to my iPhone's screen sharing.

Best regards

• hi IT Pro,

Thank you for your extensive explanation!

The problem is I don't get the option to select Teamviewer in the last screens!
    That's my biggest problem. Even after de-installation and re-installation it doesn't work.

When I'm with my mum again I can record her screen with all the actions that happen.

It would be great if you can help me with this!

• Vatsilidis

Hi

Could you please clarify some details, like:

What iPhone version are you using?

Which iOS is installed on the iPhone?

How did you obtain the Teamviewer app? 

Best regards

• What iPhone version are you using? Iphone 6Plus

Which iOS is installed on the iPhone? 12.4.6

How did you obtain the Teamviewer app? App store