Suspicious - did someone hack into my computer with TeamViewer?

Hi Community - hope all are well and safe!

I opened my computer and I saw a message "thank you for using TeamViewer...". and my wifi was shut off. I looked in the log files and it seems possibly suspicious (to my untrained eyes).

Trying to see if it is ok, not ok, or just one of my kids were pressing buttons trying to get into my computer.

How can I know if this is legit or not?

Logs (ID #s removed)

[Logfiles removed]

Thanks in advanced!

Binny

Best Answer

Answers

• Binny
    Binny Posts: 3

Hi @Esther  - thanks.

Did you see my logfile? I see it was removed, even though I remvoved any numbers there.

WHat about these lines?

G1  DynamicPasswordUIModel::ShouldShowDynamicPassword():  dynPw=1  allowIncoming=1  id=xx  ka=0  lanAllowed=0  lanOnly=0  networkState=1  showDynPwd=0

InterProcessBase::SecureNetworkCallbackHandle destroyed (RegistrationID:...)

RCmdAckMap::RemoveAckHandler(): AckMapEntry not found, CmdID 12415, TargetID 13, SenderID: ..., AckResult: 8, Payload: 0 Bytes

Thanks!

Binny

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

HI @Binny 

Thanks for your reply.

I am sorry but as I said I can not read logfiles. What I recommend you is having a look at this post about TeamViewer and scamming and if you want you can report a scam to our security team.

Thanks and sorry for the hassle,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Binny
    Binny Posts: 3

Thank you @Esther !

• RonS
    RonS Posts: 1

Ester,

Did you mean file C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\Connections_incoming.txt?

I do not have file incoming_connections.txt.

Connections_incoming.txt seems to have all need. 

Thanks

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Yes - sorry! I mixed the words! This is what I meant. 

Former Community Manager