Problems with screen sharing (macOS 10.15.4)

Julcia
Julcia Posts: 4
edited April 2023 in Meeting Forum

I'm using macOS 10.15.4 and I'm having problems with screen sharing. Users only see my desktop background (without icons). What can I do? 

Best Answer

Answers

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @Julcia 

Have you checked the box autostart screen sharing in the menu Options > Meetings?

If this not work for you, could you please uninstall the app, reboot your Mac  and install the latest version?

Best regards

• Julcia

Hi @Vatsilidis , 

thanks for your answer. I tried everything you told me, but it still doesn't work. Users just see the picture of my desktop background, nothing else. Do you have another idea? A colleague with macOS has the same problem. 

• Vatsilidis

I understand.

Could you please take a close look at the next screenshot of my mac settings and see if the Blizz setting it is the same in yours?

Screenshot 2020-04-23 15.46.37.png

You have to unlock the locket to the down-left corner in order to make changes in there.

I hope it helps.

Best regards

• Julcia

Thanks for your help. I went to these settings and enabled Blizz which wasn't enabled before. I rebooted the computer, but the same problem is still there. Just my desktop picture is shown when I share my screen. 

• Vatsilidis

Are you using multiple Desktops on gestures area?

To see if you have them enabled, press the F3 button (or Fn+F3) and you will see to the top if you are using more than one Desktops.

See the screenshot that I'm using 2 Desktops and it separates the one from the other.

Screenshot 2020-04-23 16.06.14.png

In this picture, I have enabled the Desktop 1 and all icons I see are within this desktop.

If you have enabled more than one, it could be the reason why others see your desktop screen and not what you are showing them, because you will be in not the same desktop with them.

Best

EDIT: You can find more about how to manage multiple desktops in MacOS in here.

• Vatsilidis

Great news then!!

well done!