tv_x64.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error

fogelfish
fogelfish Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

v9 Quick Support module loaded on a client's Windows 10 computer showed this error / warning in an alert that wouldn't go away (it would reappear after closing it).

"C:\Users\13365\AppData\Local\Temp\TeamViewer\Version9\tv_x64.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.  Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0x0000428"

The client's computer started in S-mode but that was disabled.  Can someone tell me what that alert means and how can it be eliminated and fixed?  (The remote connection was still functional but the alert was in the way, and the connection was slower than usual, although I don't know if the alert was responsible for the slowness.)

Tagged:

Comments

• gonty
    gonty Posts: 1

I have the same problem for almost all my clients.

• fogelfish

I'm confused.  Is this a place where TeamViewer support can respond to user's questions?  There's been silence here and it's been more than a week.

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @fogelfish 

It seems that you are trying to install an unsupported version of the TeamViewer app on Windows 10. To be more precise, if you see the operating system compatibility list, Windows 10 support the version 10 and above of this application and not version 9.

In case your computer has installed the latest updates on Windows (Windows 10 v1909 (November 2019 Update)), then they are supporting the TeamViewer 14.7–15

Please note that free users must use the latest available version from the official website.

Thank you and best regards

• fogelfish

Hello, I am a legacy commercial / perpetual license holder and TeamViewer provided license holders like myself with a free upgrade to v9 and I created a v9 quick support module for my clients so that I may continue to provide them with remote support.  But naturally, most of my clients are on Windows 10.

This problem appears to be a new one.  Did TeamViewer change its policy recently?  There was no mention of this limitation during all of the communication from TeamViewer concerning the EOL of legacy versions.

In any case, this compatibility list means that TeamViewer's offer to upgrade legacy commercial licenses to v9 ends up being — for all intents and purposes — effectively useless.  The licensed upgrade to v9 gave with one hand, but the compatibility stricture on Windows 10 takes away with the other hand!

I request that TeamViewer raise my commercial license to v10 so that the upgrade of our commercial license preserves the life of our legacy perpetual license and makes the original offer from TeamVIewer meaningful and functional.  Thank you.

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi

I think is better in your case to contact the support by phone or by opening a ticket in this link, please and they will assist you and guide you further.

Thank you and best regards

• Hi all,

I just installed TeamViewer on a laptop running windows 10 home 1909 (18363.778). The TeamViewer version is 15.5.3 (Apr 23 2020 14:44:33). The above discussed error msg pops up repeatedly when accessing the laptop from a remote computer. I believe the Windows version is up-to-date and TeamViewer says that the installed version is up-to-date. Could it be that the Windows and TeamViewer versions are incompatible for some reason?

Appreciate any advice,

Rolf

• mmettle
    mmettle Posts: 1

I get the same problem using Windows 10 Enterprise and latest to date version of Teamviewer.

• Has there been a fix for this problem.I can see from the thread there was not a answer.

I am trying to help a 70 plus friend with a new computer dell inspiron 15 3000 Windos 10 Home 1909 64Bit. This is the first time I have had a problen with a install

Downloaded direct from TeamViewer Site

This is the message that appears and can not be closed on connecting to his computer I can still do things but it is very slow.

Clipboard Image.jpg.

Any help fix workaround would be helpfull

• headlock
    headlock Posts: 1
    edited January 2021

onedot3 I have exactly the same popup and problem and need it to help my 93 year old father who lives in the UK. His laptop died and had to have a new one which is why I've had to re-install TeamViewer. This popup is very annoying and I'm not seeing any responses on here to the issue.

• Nafcom
    Nafcom Posts: 1

I have the exact same problem on Windows 10 21H2 and latest version of teamviewer 15.23.9.

Any news on what causes this?

Thanks in advance! Cheers!

• Jaimon_John
    Jaimon_John Posts: 1

Same issue here.