Remote support from PC to IPAD not working

Mik4
Mik4 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Many elderly people depend on their Ipads these (Corona)days, be it in hospital or be it in quarantine. Teamviewer seems to be the only possibility to reach out to these Ipad users from my Windows PC so that I can at least see what they see on their screens via the QUICKSUPPORT app. Remote control as in taking over the Ipad is impossible, but having a phone conversation when seeing the Ipad screeen is a huge advantage. Testing this however keeps going wrong, as the connection gets lost after one or two minutes with this error message:

"Live Broadcast to Teamviewer has stopped due to: Attempted to start an invalid broadcast session".

This occurs very shortly after the Ipad leaves the QS-screen in order to view another screen or open Settings, or manage an app.

All hard- and software is up to date, both on the PC and the Ipads. Somewhere in this community this error has been mentioned before, without being resolved. I hope someone can help.

Comments

• Aidan_Fagan
    Aidan_Fagan Posts: 6 ✭✭

@Mik4 wrote:

Many elderly people depend on their Ipads these (Corona)days, be it in hospital or be it in quarantine. Teamviewer seems to be the only possibility to reach out to these Ipad users from my Windows PC so that I can at least see what they see on their screens via the QUICKSUPPORT app. Remote control as in taking over the Ipad is impossible, but having a phone conversation when seeing the Ipad screeen is a huge advantage. Testing this however keeps going wrong, as the connection gets lost after one or two minutes with this error message:

"Live Broadcast to Teamviewer has stopped due to: Attempted to start an invalid broadcast session".

This occurs very shortly after the Ipad leaves the QS-screen in order to view another screen or open Settings, or manage an app.

All hard- and software is up to date, both on the PC and the Ipads. Somewhere in this community this error has been mentioned before, without being resolved. I hope someone can help.

I have the same problem, I have tested two IPADs and get a slightly better response from an IPAD Pro. That IPAD will allow moving through maybe two /  maybe more apps before the broadcast  crashes as described. However with the IPAD Air 2, I cannot get past the first app. As soon as I move to a second App, the screen broadcast almost always crashes immediately. Both IPADs are on IOS 13.3.1, and both are being accessed by the same Teamviewer client on Mac OS Catalina (Teamviewer Ver 15.4.4445)

• agh155
    agh155 Posts: 5

Hi, I have the same issue with I-pads, have you been able to resolve it.. Even stranger, works perfectly with my I-Phone.

• Aidan_Fagan

Hi, Unfortunately I do still have this issue. I am managing to make it work somehow, as a quick remote session often solves the issue I am trying to resolve. I do frequently have to reconnect 3 or 4 times to complete the task, but as the remote IPAD is my mothers (200 km away), there is no easy alternative.

It is very frustrating however and I hope that Teamviewer solves this. As mentioned, when I access my own IPAD Pro (which is on the same version of IOS), and with both being accessed by the same Macbook, the IPAD Pro works quite well.....Not so the IPAD Air......Very strange. Aidan.

• agh155

Hi, thanks for the reply, have you tried any other screen sharing software

• Arche11r
    Arche11r Posts: 1

A free iOS app, lets you remotely access your computer with your iPad.

• Aidan_Fagan

Hi,

I have tried another called "**Third Party Product**"  [removed per Community Guidelines]. I can't really speak for its reliability as I did not want to sign up to that. The other thing I have tried (sucessfully) involved Casting the remote IPAD to a (remote) PC, using "Airserver"  (or similar app) installed on the PC..... Then all you have to do is use  Teamviewer to control the remote PC (where you can see the IPAD being "mirrored"). This worked quite reliably,  and was free, but it has the complication of needing a remote PC.

I do think that this issue will be solved eventually. I have continued to use Teamviewer to access my IPAD Pro very reliably through this....its just the IPAD AIr 2 thats the problem. Everything else the same....I just can't figure it out! 

• agh155

Hi Aiden, I have partially solved the problem by using **Third Party Product**. I run an online I-Pad seminar, they were face to face but due to Covid 19, I now run online. I used **Third Party Product**for my first session where I shared my screen to show how to use various Apps. I had limited sucess, but on my second call, I asked one to share their screen and I was able to talk the person through how to use an App.Only downside, if there are commands at the top of their screen, I dont seen them.

• Aidan_Fagan

Hey - Thanks for that. Good to have another option.
    Aidan.

• MORTONCO
    MORTONCO Posts: 1

Hi, do you know this is fix, I still have the issue were the conection only last 1 minute after Imove  from the TV app. Any suggestion? 

• Aidan_Fagan

Hi, No its not fixed. It really frustrating. Luckily a short connection to my mothers IPAD is usually sufficient to help her. Usually I repeate a few times and manage to help her through whatever issue she has. But its a pity that its such a short time.

I wish it would get sorted :)

• Aidan_Fagan

I don't know why I did not try this before, but when I access the remote IPAD using my IPAD, it seems to be far more stable. Its only when I try to access with my Macbook that I have this issue. So far so good with IPADs at both ends though!