TeamViewer remote screen freeze's after logging out on the remote pc

iainwels
iainwels Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hello,

I use my teamviewer for work and have to connect to 20 computers every day. But every time i log out on the remote pc it freeze's when it says logging off, and then when i try restarting the teamviewer connection i see a black screen. My colleagues don't have this issue but whenever i get it and they try to connect to that computer they get a black screen also.
Is there an solution out there for this problem?

I use teamviewer 10

With kind regards,

Iain Wels

With kind regards, Met vriendelijke groet,
Iain Wels,
ICT-Support
If you found this helpfull please verify it as an solution, so it could help other people

Comments

• bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

First off, as a paying customer, I certainly recommend contacting TeamVIewer Support. They will be able to troubleshoot this and help you faster than I can I suspect.

Second, Let me make sure I understand what you are saying. You have multiple computers that you log into daily. When you log out of windows the remote systems screen locks up and your TeamViewer screen goes black?

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • iainwels

Hello,

Yes that is kind of the problem i will show you what the problem is down below!Translation: On the other screen is now just the lockscreenTranslation: On the other screen is now just the lockscreenTranslation: This is what i see when i reconnectTranslation: This is what i see when i reconnectTranslation: I can only reconnect when the other computer has logged in againTranslation: I can only reconnect when the other computer has logged in again

With kind regards,

Iain Wels

Iain Wels,
    ICT-Support
    If you found this helpfull please verify it as an solution, so it could help other people
  • bartlanz

Ahhh, this could be the issue that a user must be logged in for the system to allow connections, TeamViewer released an update today that if that is the issue, it will be fixed. Can you try updating both your client and host machines?

If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • iainwels

Thats a problem because my boss does not want to upgrade from teamviewer 10 because all of our costumers have Teamviewer 10 and my colleagues do not have this problem. Is there not any way around or something?

Iain Wels,
    ICT-Support
  • bartlanz

First thing I would point out is that if you upgrade to TeamViewer 12 your customers do not need to upgrade. They just will not be able to connect to your systems. But TeamViewer 12 will connect to earlier versions of TeamViewer. 

As for your connection issue... It is odd that it only happens for you. I would wonder if you have a setting that is different from the rest of your co-workers. I am going to think on this a little bit.

Bart Lanzillotti
  • iainwels

If we want to upgrade it is very expensive this is for one computer

With kind regards,

Iain Wels ICT-Support

Iain Wels,
    ICT-Support
  • Reyhan
    Reyhan Posts: 269 Staff member 🤠

Dear @iainwels

Thank you for your contribution. If you have any questions for update or price information, please contact our salesteam here

Our Salesteam would be pleased to help you.

Thank you. 

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
    Reyhan