Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• desde hace largo tiempo utilizo el team para conectarme con mi otro equipo, y hoy sale un aviso de detección comercial, y no es cierto son equipos personales, soy un profesional pero que no hago uso comercial de este sistema

• I have filled out the reset form and click the 'Generate PDF' button, repeatedly (and tried this whole process multiple times) but nothing happens when I press the button. Is there a problem with the form? If not, how do I proceed?

Thanks for any help you can give :)

• I got the similar issue yesterday. 

I installed in on my personal machine. It is personal use. I think TeamView wants to get more money! Look like they want to sale license to personal use.

I submit a ticket on line yesterday. However need to take 7 business days.

However the lisence is too expersive. For personal use, if they want to sale lisence, the price should not more than 10 euro per month.

• NeilCM
    NeilCM Posts: 1

Hi,

Today I have started getting a - Unable to connect - 
    Reason given is "You reached the maximum seesion duration to this treamviewer ID"

Connection to this teamviewer ID will be blocked until ??:??

The time keeps increasing.

ANy Ideas? 

I only use it for personal use.

Thank You

• Try to reactive my TV id.

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/

Nothing happened when I clicked 'Generate PDF' file.

• I tried the form again and the Generate PDF worked!

• I was classified as a business user by mistake. ? ?

52ce781d-5e91-4542-95c9-8cd9d6869987.JPGf97726f0-e4cc-4858-8a53-778faab8f351.JPGe14e0ce8-d9da-4c5d-a991-5e60f20e36c0.JPG

• Novice1994
    Novice1994 Posts: 1

Greetings,

I'm new to TV and was running a remote session of TV Free with my elderly mother on the other end.  Both of our TVs were up to date, but the session kept timing out on us roughly every 10 minutes.  Can someone confirm if there is indeed a time limit?  My mother has a very slow connection, so perhaps that may be a cause as well.

Thanks in advance!

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @Novice1994 ,

Welcome to TeamViewer ?

No, there is not such a time limit.

I guess it is indeed more related to the internet connection as you mentioned.

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• DanLopz
    DanLopz Posts: 1

Today you just decide that my account is commercial but I only use it to control my notebook from my desktop PC.
    Thank you, guys. I already discovered new tools with great features thanks to that.

• Buenas Tardes

Me pasa exactamente lo mismo. Mi ID esta bajo sospecha de uso comercial, cuando no lo utilizo de esa manera. Anoche pude entrar para ver un tema en una PC de un familiar y el día de hoy me sale mensaje que hago uso comercial. 

He leido las respuestas y no encuentro ningún formulario para solicitar liberar mi ID y pueda utilizar nuevamente el aplicativo.

Espero puedan ayudarme con el inconveniente.

Muchas Gracias.

• Hola a todos , pregunta  Habitualmente uso Teamviewer de forma particular y solo en mi hogar , ya que tengo problemas de salud y movilidad y a veces me resulta muy importante su uso , 

hoy al querer establecer conexión con mi pc me arroja un msj diciendome que se detecto uso comercial por parte de  mi compañero de conexión .

el tema es que se refiere a mi pc que esta en otro lugar de mi casa , adjunto foto del msj 

necesito saber como resolver este tema msj teamviewer.jpg

• GonzoB
    GonzoB Posts: 1

Looks like I'm in the same boat as a bunch of people here. I don't know why it's deteted "Commercial" use and how they judge it and no I didn't select personal & commercial use, I only selected personal. I'm not even employed right now, there's absolutley no way I can use it for commercial use. I don't even use it in to connect from an outside IP - I just like it better than windows RDP.

Has anybody made this go away successfully? It sounds like any attempts to contact customer support doesn't go very well.

• bazbsg
    bazbsg Posts: 112 ✭✭

@GonzoB I faced this problem two years ago. I filled out the form and waited 33 days. They never told me they changed my status but suddenly it worked and has worked since then.

• Tengo el mismo problema.

• Ady
    Ady Posts: 4

Hi,

I had to change the motherboad of my home PC due to hardware failure. But now I get a message saying commercial use suspected, and sessions are limited to 5 mins. Connections fail, and say 'reconnections are prohibiteed'.

I get a message saying I'm not allowed to reconect, and time when connections will be allowed. e.g. Connections to this partner will be blocked until 06:30, then at 06:30 the message says 06:31, etc. So I am permanently blocked from connecting to my PC.

Pls help.

Edit : an now your forums are doing the same **bleep** thing:

• Post flooding detected (user tried to post more than 1 messages within 30 seconds)"
  • I have been using TeamViewer for years and only just come across this issue. My sessions are getting closed and saying I need to get a Commercial Licence.

I do not use TeamViewer at all for anything commercial I use purely for personal use. It comes in hand been able to access my family and my own devices when I am away. One which includes my Ubuntu Server.

TeamViewer have no proof at all I am using this for commercial since nothing is commectial about it.I have 6 devices connected to my account. 3 are mine and 3 are family.

I then use the random codes for my friends that might need some support remotley (Joys of been the techy one).

I would like o know on what grounds I have all of a suddon stopped been able to use it. Nothing has changed and I have been using it for years.

• Bebbspoke
    Bebbspoke Posts: 22 ✭✭

I am NOT a "Commercial User" - TV falsely identified me as such & cut off my communications to a User who is medically considered to be a "vulnerable person" I have made sevberal attempts to convey my angst to TV but am thwarted by the "generate .pdf" stage - the system hangs....

• JaneT14
    JaneT14 Posts: 3 ✭✭

I am having the exact same problem; it won't generate the pdf to send to let them know I'm not a commercial user. My mother, whom I am trying to help is also a vulnerable 83 year old who relies on me to help her remotely.  I tried calling their number, eventually got through to a person, who basically said to go to the webpage, I explained that it was hanging at pdf stage, they said go to the Community Page. Can anyone help?!

• Called Teamviewer but told to go and complete the PDF online. 

www.teamviewer.com/reset.

Completed the form as requested, but then can not submit the form as it will not accept the Teamviewer ID. Frustrating as **bleep**!

Again i'm another user who has been wrongly flagged for commercial use. very disappointing.

@Bebbspoke wrote:

I am NOT a "Commercial User" - TV falsely identified me as such & cut off my communications to a User who is medically considered to be a "vulnerable person" I have made sevberal attempts to convey my angst to TV but am thwarted by the "generate .pdf" stage - the system hangs....

• Hello,

I recently recieved a warning that I may be using TeamViewer commercially, even though I only connect to one other computer and *very rarely* to a third. Now I'm being deined access to the same computer and receiving an "Unable to Connect" message stating that "Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner... Connection to this partner will be until  *one minute after the attempt*.

I can share my log file to prove that I am not using TeamViewer for commercial use. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

• SandoHP
    SandoHP Posts: 11

It seems to me, @JJxVortechx that TeamViewer doesn't need to prove anything. It's up to YOU to prove that your use is private.

Secondly and most importantly, read the sticky post on https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/General-Questions/TeamViewer-thinks-I-m-using-the-software-commercially/td-p/8284

What it clearly says is that the forum is NOT the right place for this issue:

Hint: Please be aware that this is NOT an issue that can be resolved in the community. Posting messages about commercial usage will not help to get the reset. For getting a reset you need to fill out the form.

• JaneT14

I had the same problem with the system hanging at create pdf, discovered it was the "space" in the post code ie: "XX11 7PP" needs to be "XX117PP" - no space. It created the pdf, then you save it to your device and upload it.

• Bebbspoke

Hi Jane - many thanks for your suggestion - will give it a try - if such works then it is a horrendous oversight by the TV programers!!!

• Bebbspoke

Sando  of course it is up to the USER to prove non-commercial usage...
    But surely it is up to Teamviewer to provide all users with adequate and fully functional message methodology! - not a system flawed by hanging at what to all intents and purposes is the STANDARD (Post Office preferred) SPACE between the alphanumeric pairs of UK post codes. - rather poor software writing has  been incorporated.

• LauraPavon
    LauraPavon Posts: 1

Buenos días, envié el formulario a Teamviewer para "resetear" mi cuenta a uso personal, ya que recibía el aviso de "uso comercial" ellos me respondieron que mi cuenta había sido "reseteada" a uso libre. Procedí a "desinstalarla" del iphone 8 ios 13.6.1, para proceder a "reinstalarla" ya que mi cuenta está liberada por teamviewer para uso libre, pero el problema está en que la aplicación del Iphone, no elimina el anuncio de "Thank for your purchase your account is being upgrade ti the business plan" y limita mis conexiones a pesar de la liberación de parte de Teamviewer

Necesito saber como reinstalar Teamviewer en iphone y que tome ya mi cuenta "reseatada" para uso libre y personal, ya intenté eliminando caché, aplicación, datos de la aplicación, reiniciando el iphone, borrando las aplicaciones descargadas y la app de Teamviewer independientemente con la cuenta con la que inicie sesión, lo marca como que está en proceso de contratar un plan superior y limita mis conexiones.

Aclarando que es solo en el "iphone" en mis computadoras ya quedó aplicada la liberación de parte de Teamviewer.

Gracias

• zimokluis
    zimokluis Posts: 1

u sesion de teamviwer ha superado el tiempo de espera y va a finlaizar

Conexion bloqueado porque ha caducado el plazo.

Su licencia limita la duracion maxima de la sesion y bloquea la reconexion inmediata,
    intentelo mas tarde o actualice su licencia

Las conexiones a este asociado quedaran bloqueadas hasta las xx:xx

me aparece esto no me deja hacer nada pues en menos de un minuto me cierra la sesion, es uso personal entre mis ordenadores, podrian ayudarme ?

• JaneT14

Hope it helped, I've just had my TeamViewer ID reset to personal use. Hopefully you have too.

• DDT2005
    DDT2005 Posts: 1

Cannot Download PDF on Reset Management page on Website.  Can I speak to someone who actually works in Teamviewer support?  If not I will be uninstalling this software forever.

• Dear ladies and gentlemen.

I have always used teamviewer access for private purposes, I do not receive money, as the computers I access are from my home and my parents' home.
    Now when I'm logged in for about 20 seconds and the connection goes down and a message appears saying that I have to subscribe.
    Why did this happen?