This article applies to TeamViewer customers with an Enterprise/Tensor license.
With TeamViewer Multitenancy you can manage multiple companies from a single dashboard.
You can easily link existing companies to the parent company or main organization. The organization's administrator gets important information from all linked subsidiaries/companies, such as license reports.
Companies with subsidiaries or a franchising model can own one license and distribute the license to the lower entities. These lower entities can work completely independently from one another.
To use TeamViewer Multitenancy, you need
- An activated Tensor license for your TeamViewer account.
- Your TeamViewer account needs to be the company administrator role of your company
More information about how to activate your license:
More information about the TeamViewer company profile:
Create your organization
🎦 To create your organization, please follow the instructions in the video below:
🔀 Alternatively, you can also follow our step-by-step guide here:
1) Log in to the Management Console: https://login.teamviewer.com/.
2) Click Multitenancy in the left navigation bar.
3) Click the GET STARTED button.
4) Enter the name of your superior organization or parent company.
5) Press Next.
6) Select a company administrator from the drop-down list and click the + button, if you want to add company administrators as organization administrators.
7) Click Done.
You have successfully created your organization/parent company.
8) Click the Go to Organization Overview button to see the overview page.
Invite companies to join your organization
1) Log in to the Management Console as an organization administrator.
2) Click the Multitenancy tab on the left navigation menu.
You can now see the overview page.
3) Click the + button on the top left side of the page.
You can now see the Join Organization link.
4) Copy the link and send it to other company administrators via email.
Join a parent company/organization
If you want to join an organization with your company, you need to get a Join Organisation link from an organization administrator (see the previous chapter) and you need to be a company administrator. Then the following steps need to be done:
1) Click the joining link.
You can see the organization name and a description text field.
2) Optional: Enter your contact details (e.g., email address) in the text field so that organization administrators can contact you.
📌Note: Each company can only join one parent company/organization.
Add more administrators to the parent company/organization
1) As an administrator of the organization, click the Setting icon at the top of the Overview page.
2) On the Organization management page open the Multitenancy administration management tab.
3) Add other users’ email addresses who have company administrator roles in a company of the organization.
4) Save the changes.
Organization administrators that have been successfully added can access the Multitenancy feature via the Management Console.
📌Note: The added organization administrator needs a Tensor agent or Tensor Remote Worker assigned to their account in order to have access to the parent company/organization.
Get license reports of the companies that joined the parent company
Organization administrators can see an overview of the joined companies’ licenses.
1) As an administrator of the parent company/organization, open the REPORTS tab at the top of the Overview page
2) Set up the proper filter.
3) Check out single license states or a cumulative result of all license states.