This article applies to all TeamViewer Tensor customers.
About TeamViewer Tensor
TeamViewer Tensor provides a secure, easy-to-use remote work infrastructure, so your teams can access company resources like desktop computers, mobile devices, server systems, and applications, or intranet sites from home or on the go.
This article shows you how to activate your Tensor license and set up TeamViewer for your users.
Open the License Activation email that was sent to the email account used to purchase the license. Click Activate.
📌Note: If you have purchased more than one product, each license must be individually activated.
Step 2 - Follow A or B
A: If you already have a TeamViewer account
Sign in with your existing TeamViewer account, click Activate and go to Step 4.
B: If you do not have a TeamViewer account
1) Create an account by clicking Sign Up.
2) Enter your email address, name and create a password. Read and accept the EULA and mark the captcha box. Click Activate.
3) An email has been sent to your inbox for account verification. Click the link in the email to verify your account and complete your license activation.
You will be redirected to the Management Console where a pop-up that confirms your license was successfully activated. Click OK.
A pop-up is displayed with the option to open the TeamViewer application. Click Open TeamViewer.
You are now signed into your TeamViewer account and have successfully activated your license.
📌Note: Please keep in mind that you always need to be signed in to your TeamViewer Account to have licensed connections. If you are not connected, you will be running with the free version.
Step 5 (Optional)
Follow the instructions for two-factor authentication in our Knowledge Base article Two factor authentication - Activation and Deactivation to complete the activation of your TeamViewer license. If you want to skip this step, click Not Now.
Create your company profile and a Master Account
1) Create a company profile by following the instructions in the section Create your company profile.
2) Once your company profile is created, we highly recommend creating a Master Account, which will serve as a generic administrative account.
Why create a Master Account?
- Your company’s primary administrator(s) of TeamViewer will know the account credentials.
- This account will be used for all future configuration steps, so administrative control and ownership are not tied to one specific person.
- TeamViewer administration won’t be disrupted, even if the original administrator leaves that role.
For more details, follow the steps in our Knowledge Base article Using a Master Account for the TeamViewer Management Console
- Make sure you do not create a Master Account with an e-mail distribution list (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org), but with a specific e-mail address.
- The created account must have a valid email address that can receive the account activation email (i.e., either a mailbox or an email distribution list you have access to).
- We recommend using a non-personal email address for the Master Account.
- We highly recommend protecting your TeamViewer account with two-factor authentification. For details, please refer to our Knowledge Base article Two factor authentication - Activation and Deactivation
Manage and add your users to your license
Add a user: If the user does not have a TeamViewer account yet
Under User management in the left navigation panel of the Management Console, click Add user to add people to your company profile that does not have any TeamViewer account yet.
Follow the detailed steps in our Knowledge Base article All about the TeamViewer company profile
📌Make sure to assign your Tensor license to the user account.
Add a user: If the user already has a TeamViewer account
If they have a TeamViewer account already associated with their email, click Add Existing Account.
This will provide you with a URL: https://login.teamviewer.com/cmd/joincompany
Simply give this URL to the user and have them log in with their free account credentials.
Once they sign into their account, they have to provide a Company Administrator email address. Once done, the administrators' email that was entered will receive a request by email and as a notification in the Management Console under User Management which needs to be approved by the administrator. Once the user has been accepted, they are part of the company profile as a standard User.
📌Also here, make sure your Tensor license is assigned to the user account you just added.
Manage your users
As a company administrator, you can have an overview of your assigned users and manage them in the Management Console.
To do so, please follow these instructions:
1) Sign in with your TeamViewer administrator account
2) Click on your username on the top right corner
3) Click on Administer [Your Company]
4) Click on the grey gear and click Edit
5)From here, you can assign new users to your license (that are in your User Management tab) or remove the license from a user
For more information about how to manage users within your Management Console, please read our dedicated article: Managed Devices, Managed Groups and Managed Users
- All new users will receive a confirmation email for account activation.
- Users will have to log in in order to activate their account and set a password. TeamViewer Tensor allows the use of single sign-on (SSO). Please visit Single Sign-On (SSO) for more information.
With TeamViewer, you may want to use the following options down the road:
You are now fully set up. Your users can now enjoy the full TeamViewer Tensor experience.
Get your users started
Now that your TeamViewer Tensor license is set up, you can send to your users our
TeamViewer Tensor Beginners Guide
With this guide, they will be able to set up their TeamViewer application on their device and make their first connections.
How to deploy TeamViewer
We offer three Tensor-exclusive deployment methods. Once you have activated your Tensor license, you can choose the deployment method that best fits to your infrastructure:
📌 Note: You can only access these deployment methods articles if you have successfully activated your TeamViewer Tensor license on your account. If didn't activate your TeamViewer license yet, please go back to the Get Started chapter.