This article applies to all TeamViewer customers with a Remote Access, Premium, Corporate, or Tensor Plan.
The TeamViewer Web Client allows you to start outgoing TeamViewer connections from your browser to contacts or devices saved in your Computers & Contacts list.
The TeamViewer Web Client works for outgoing connections from the following browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Windows Edge
Connections to the TeamViewer full version, Host, and QuickSupport running on Windows, macOS, and Linux are possible.
📌Note: Currently, connections to mobile devices are not supported.
How to use the Web Client
To connect from the TeamViewer Web Client, please follow the steps below:
1) Log in to the Management Console with your licensed TeamViewer Account
2) Navigate to the contact or device you want to connect to from within your Groups and click Connect
3) A PopUp appears and let you choose which connection method you prefer. To use the Web Client, please choose WebClient and click Connect:
💡Hint: You can save this connection method as your preferred connection way by ticking Remember my choice. You can revert this setting in your profile settings at any time. To do so, connect to the Management Console, click on your profile name ➜ Edit profile ➜ Browser settings and click Remove.
4) A new tab with the WebClient opens. Please click on Connect to partner to continue:
📌Note: In this tab, you can change the ID to connect to a different device.
5) In the following dialog, please enter the remote device's password
6) The connection will open in the same tab and you have the following settings available.
For more information about its features, please review the following article:
If you are connecting from macOS, please refer to this article:
You can copy and paste plain text to and/or from the web client. See the details here:
- Right-click copy and paste works for all platforms/OS and all supported browsers.
- Keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl+C – Ctrl+V) are working when OS and desktop client is windows. In other OS and desktop platforms, the keyboard shortcuts are not functional yet.
In order to allow this functionality on your Firebox browser please enable clipboard events in the advanced settings.
- Type about:config to URL address and hit enter.
- In the filter input, type the word clipboard
- Find setting dom.events.testing.asyncClipboard and change to true as seen in the screenshot below