Live View > Tab: Co-Browsing
Co-Browsing allows you to see what your customer sees, therefore provides you with visual context. Co-Browsing can be started with just a click (no downloads or installations) and is available for websites, web apps, and mobile apps.
Overview of live sessions
In Live View you find yourself an overview of all currently active sessions on your website. With every session, some additional information is displayed:
- The status (the most left column) is orange, when the visitor is currently active on your website and blue, when the visitor has your website opened as a tab or in another browser window, but is currently doing something else than actively browsing your site.
- Session Id
Session Id is the unique number to identify a user among all your current website visitors.
- Current Path
- Shows where the user is currently on your page.
- Shows browser the user is using.
- Shows operating system the user is using.
- Shows location of user.
- Through Labels additional information is displayed, for example the user's user name within your web application.
Start Co-Browsing with a customer
To start Co-Browsing with a customer, the customer first needs to optin to the interaction. This can be initiated two ways:
- Button on website
- Co-Browsing request via Live Chat
The optin process can vary depending on how your organization decided to model it. The most common though is that the customer clicks a button on your website to initiate Co-Browsing.
Session Id, you connect through
Connect by code
- Through for example clicking a button, customers receive their unique
Session Id and acknowledge that an agent can connect
- Customer shares
Session Id with agent
- Agents connect through entering
Session Id into
Connect by code
- Co-Browsing starts
Within a Co-Browsing session
After connecting to a customer, you enter the Co-Browsing session: