This article applies to all lifeAR users.
To use lifeAR, please download the app onto your mobile device and install it accordingly.
Depending on your device, please download from Google Play, the App Store, or the lifeAR website directly:
lifeAR is intuitive and easy to use for everyone.
After the first start, we offer every user a short guidance to onboard them on the app and its possibilities. Swipe through to learn what lifeAR has to offer you.
You can stop the onboarding at any time by clicking on Get started to get started using lifeAR.
Upon your first start of the app, you will need to register with your phone number to join the lifeAR world and start collaborating with your friends in lifeAR.
1) In the first step, you need to insert your date of birth to confirm you are older than 13 years.
2) Insert your phone number and make sure to select the correct country code. After inserting your number, please click on Verify.
3) lifeAR will send you an SMS with a 6-digit verification code. Please enter the code after receiving it.
📌Note: The code will expire after 5 minutes.
4) Once verified with the 6-digit code from the SMS, you can choose your user name and upload your profile picture.
5) All done and Ready? Now you can start using the app. Congratulations and welcome!
Import your contacts
After the Onboarding and registration, you will want to add your contacts to lifeAR to get started with your first call.
For this, lifeAR imports the address book to check which of the phone numbers are registered for lifeAR already. Of course - only those contacts will be shown in the lifeAR contacts list, and the contacts will only be added after you gave the app permission to access your address book.
📌Note: If you do not grant permission to access the address book, the app cannot be used.
lifeAR also needs your permission to the camera for using the video app.
Now it is time to make your first call.
If your friends are already on lifeAR, please continue reading the article: Start a call.
If your friends are not on lifeAR, please continue reading the article: Invite your contacts.