This article applies to all TeamViewer Assist AR Lite users.
In this article, you will learn about all the key features of TeamViewer Assist AR Lite.
Assist AR Lite is built on TeamViewer Pilot. Ask your support requester to install the free TeamViewer Pilot app for Android or iOS.
Remote camera sharing and real-time video streaming
As soon as the person requesting assistance accepts the call from the remote expert, the smartphone, tablet or smart glasses camera image is transmitted in real-time to the expert in front of a Windows or Mac computer.
Optical Character Recognition
Optical Character Recognition allows the recognition of printed characters like those often found on machines, tools, and equipment. Once recognized, those characters can be directly sent to the remote expert.
Both connection partners can talk to each other over VoIP.
For better audio quality, especially in a noisy environment, we recommend using a headset.
The one receiving support as well as the expert can create 3D arrows. To distinguish who placed the arrows, they have different colours.
- Expert side: By left-clicking on the mouse you can place 3D arrows that stick to real objects.
- Receiving side: By tapping on the mobile screen you can place 3D arrows that stick to real objects.
To make sure you are talking about the same issue; every arrow includes a number.
Both connection partners can undo placing their last arrow or remove all markers placed within the session.
Advanced Object Tracking
TeamViewer Assist AR Lite is built on top of two platforms: the Apple ARKit and Google ARCore. This technology allows object tracking such as surfaces, objects, and their relational distance from the camera.
Please find more information here:
One-click session join
The one receiving support can easily invite the expert side to receive a TeamViewer Assist AR Lite session:
- Install the TeamViewer Pilot App on your mobile device:
- Google Play
- App Store
- Start the app on your mobile device
- The app will ask you for permission to use your microphone and camera as well as to send you notifications. Please accept the request.
- Tap Share ID and send the session link via your favourite communication tool: telephone, SMS (messaging), WhatsApp, email, etc.
- The person using the smartphone/tablet app can create video tutorials, without establishing a remote connection.
- Within the video, it is possible to place 3D arrows that stick to real objects.
- After recording the video, including a voiceover if desired, it is possible to save or directly share the video with someone else.
To pause the video stream tap the Pause icon at the bottom of your screen.
The expert can make screenshots from within the menu in the lower right corner of the connection window. To do so, please click the Photo icon at the bottom of your screen.
After clicking on the camera icon, the explorer opens and you can choose a path to save the screenshot
- Via Files & Extras the expert click on Start session recording
- This causes a PopUp on the receiving side informing the mobile device user that the Expert wants to record the session. The recording starts only after the request has been accepted by the one on the mobile device.
- The Screen Recording button turns red as an indicator that the session is currently being recorded
- Clicking on the button again (now named Stop recording) will stop the recording. The explorer opens and the expert can choose a path to save the recording in the .webm format. This format can be opened with most regular web-players e.g. with a VLC player.
- If you do not select a path to save the file, a PopUp appears asking the expert whether s/he wants to discard the recorded session file. Clicking on Discard will discard the file, clicking on Cancel will open up the explorer again to choose a path to save the file.
The expert can send files to the mobile device by clicking on the respective icon from within the menu in the lower right corner of the connection window.
After clicking on this icon, the TeamViewer file transfer window pops up and the expert can choose the file to be sent to the mobile device or from the mobile device to the expert.
Depending on the direction of the file transfer, the expert or the receiving side gets a notification (mobile device) or the explorer popping up to save the file (expert side)
Smart Glasses Support
TeamViewer Assist AR Lite supports smart glasses and wearable headsets from Epson, Microsoft, RealWear, and Vuzix.
Please find more information here: