To increase the security and protection of users in our network, we require everyone actively using TeamViewer to have a verified TeamViewer account.
Therefore TeamViewer enforces account verification before making a connection. Without a verified TeamViewer account, no outgoing connection is possible.
To learn about the benefits of using a TeamViewer account, please click here.
This article applies to all TeamViewer (Classic) users and customers.
How to create and verify your TeamViewer account
To create and verify your TeamViewer account, please follow the instructions in the article below:
- Open TeamViewer (Classic).
- Go to the Computers & Contacts menu and click Sign Up.
- Enter your name, e-mail/username, your password in both fields, and click Next.
- You will see a message saying that you have received an e-mail to verify your account. Click Finish.
- Access your inbox and open the account verification e-mail called [Action required] Verify your TeamViewer account.
- Click on Verify my Account. You will see a message saying that your account has been verified. You can now get back to TeamViewer (Classic) and get started.
📌Note: You can protect your TeamViewer account via Multi-Factor Authentication. Depending on your preferences, you can use Trusted Devices or an Authenticator App.
More information here: 📄 Create a TeamViewer (Classic) Account