Once a new policy is created, it can be assigned to your managed devices. This can be done in a few ways.
📌Note: Only the TeamViewer account the device is assigned to can assign or change the applied policy for the device. For users in a Company Profile, we recommend using a Master account to which all devices are assigned.
This article applies to all users in all licenses.
How to assign a policy to multiple devices
To assign a policy to multiple devices, please follow the instructions below:
- Log in to the Management Console: https://login.teamviewer.com/
- Go to Design & Deploy, and in the Policies tab, click on Assign TeamViewer (Classic) policies.
- Select the devices to which you wish to push the policy. Once the devices are selected, click Next.
- 📌Note: Devices not available for policy assignment will appear greyed out, and you will not be able to click the checkbox for more information on why hover your mouse over the ⓘ located to the right of the device's listed group.
- Select the desired policy from the drop-down, and select Activate.
The Activation report will appear in the next window, detailing the policy assignment process.
How to assign a policy to individual devices
Policies can also be applied to individual devices in your Groups within the Management Console.
To assign a policy to an individual device, log into the TeamViewer (Classic) Management Console and
- Navigate to the group where the device resides.
- Locate the device and click the pencil icon to the device's right.
- Click Policies and select the desired policy, and press Save.