Company profiles that are part of a Multitenancy organization can nominate a Super user who can administer users across all company profiles. This allows customers to keep their entities (e.g., regional offices) and their data cleanly separated in distinct company profiles and at the same time, to have a Super user that can administer them centrally.
⚠ Important note: Due to TeamViewer's strong encryption of all user data, the Super user requires an account that is not part of any company profile. Therefore, customers who want to nominate Super users must create new TeamViewer accounts outside of all company profiles they have (or remove an existing one).
Nominate a Super user
To nominate a Super user, please follow the instructions below:
1) In the navigation menu on the left side, click Company administration.
2) Now, click Advanced.
3) You can assign a Super user on the right side of your screen.
- This dropdown shows accounts in the Computers & Contacts list of the company admin.
- It does not show any members of this company profile, as those accounts are not eligible (see the ⚠Important note above).
- If the admin selects an account that is part of another company profile, they receive an error message.
Remove a Super user
Company administrators can always check which account is assigned as a Super user to their company profile and, if required, remove them.