To benefit from the Device Groups' advantages, you can migrate existing devices.
This article applies to all TeamViewer (Classic) users.
How to migrate a device to a Device Group
You can assign devices to a Device Group via the import feature.
- Log in to the Management Console: https://login.teamviewer.com/.
- Select the All button under Device groups.
- Click the import button.
- Click Next.
- Select the devices you want to convert to Managed Devices.
- Select the name type you want the system to fetch and click Migrate.
- Click Finish.
The import feature allows you to migrate existing assigned devices to Managed Groups. The changes apply as soon as the devices go online.
- The import requires TeamViewer 15.11.6 or higher to be installed on the device. If this is not the case, the import cannot succeed, but it can be re-trigger after a TeamViewer client update.
- If Easy Access is enabled before the import, it will also be given to your account in the new system.