Tasks are created from workflows to be executed on devices running Spatial Workplace. A task can be run once and can have a planned date of execution.
Templates can be created from workflows and assigned to users that can visualize them in Spatial Workplace.
There are two ways of sending a workflow to a device: uploading the workflow to Frontline Command Center (FCC) and directly uploading it to a device as a template.
Sending a workflow to FCC
- Once the user is done editing the project in Spatial Editor, they can click on Export Workflow > Export Workflow to FCC in the top menu to upload it to FCC where they can manage it.
- By default, the editor automatically creates a template from this workflow and assigns it to the currently signed in user while uploading it to FCC. This way, the template will be already available on the user's device once the upload has been completed. However, the user can also choose to uncheck the Create Template checkbox to later create a template or task manually in FCC.
Exporting the workflow to a device (direct upload)
The user can pair one or more devices to upload workflow templates to them.
- In Spatial Editor, click on Export Workflow > Export Workflow to Device in the top menu.
- In the modal that appears, you can see a list of paired devices and the options to pair a new device or unpair an existing one.
3. The user can select the preferred device for the upload and click on Export.
4. After the upload has been completed, the user can see the template in the template list of their selected device.
This template has no connection to the FCC account of the user and only exists on this device. Every time the user clicks on this template, a task will be created from it on the same device, but the status of its execution will not be shared with FCC. The user works entirely locally. As a result, the user can also delete the directly uploaded workflow from the device by clicking on the corresponding button that appears next to it in the template list.
In Spatial Workplace, all assignments happen based on user accounts. A task or template is assigned to a user via FCC, which makes them available for the user to view on any device after they have signed in to Spatial Workplace. For more information on how to assign previously created templates to other users and how to further manage them, please see the Templates section of the Solutions guide.
To export the model:
- Select the Export Model option on the top.
2. Choose the desired output file format:
3. Select the appropriate details according to your needs:
- Export only selected: Only the selected model will be exported.
- Ignore Non-Selected Parent Transforms: When enabled, any non-selected parent assembly transformations will be ignored and the selection is exported to the center. When disabled, the parent transformations will be taken into account and the selection is exported in the same position relative to its parent transformations, even though the parent transformations themselves are not exported.
- Export hidden: Hidden transformations will also be included.
For more information on the connection status, please see the Server Connection section for Workplace app.