The TeamViewer Embedded Starter Kit contains a built-in GPS receiver.
What you will need
Make sure that you have prepared the following points:
1. Access the edge device remotely (Access the Edge Device via Remote Terminal).
2. Install the needed dependencies for python. In the terminal type in the following commands and press return:
sudo apt-get install -y python3-pip
sudo apt-get update
3. Download the Starter Kit configuration package. In the terminal type in the following commands and press return:
wget -q https://download.teamviewer-iot.com/teamviewer-iot-kit/v2.0.1/teamviewer_iot_kit-2.0.1-py3-none-any.whl
sudo -H pip3 install teamviewer_iot_kit-2.0.1-py3-none-any.whl
4. Configure the location receiver. In the terminal type in the following command and press return.
sudo teamviewer-iot-kit -e location_receiver
5. To log in to the Embedded Management Console, open https://teamviewer-iot.com and use your TeamViewer account credentials.
6. Check that you enabled the GPS. From the left menu select Inventory and on the right side from the drop-down menu select Metrics.
After the GPS receiver has been enabled you can visualize its data with a widget.
- The GPS data is NMEA 0183 formatted and packed into a JSON object called NMEA 0183: TPV. In the “Metrics” tab you will find the data in the raw format as well as dedicated metrics for each parameter.
- The location receiver provides the NMEA 0183: SKY object as well which is not presented in the Starter Kit. From that object, two metrics are being calculated and presented separately with the names In View and Used.
The table represents all the available parameters/metrics and their descriptions of the location receiver.