Trusted Devices provides an extra layer of security for your TeamViewer Account. As a preventive measure to ensure your account’s security, you need to authorize new devices on which you sign in to your TeamViewer Account for the first time.
Due to technical reasons, there is more than one trust per device. You will need to set separate trusts for the TeamViewer client, the Management Console (per browser), and each TeamViewer application.
📌Note: The browser trust will be lost, when the cookies are deleted.
What you will need
Make sure that you have prepared the following points:
- Your TeamViewer credentials.
- TeamViewer Client is installed.
- On your PC open the TeamViewer Client and log in for the first time.
- Confirm the message dialog.
- A device authorization email is sent to the email address of your TeamViewer account.
📌Note: The link in this email is valid for 24 hours. If the link expires, you will need to authorize a trusted device again.
- Click the link within the email to authorize the device.
- You will be forwarded to the TeamViewer Management Console.
- To complete the authorization process, select the kind of trust scope you would like to grant. Then click Trust.
- From the dropdown menu select whether you would like to trust this specific device or the IP address permanently or whether you would like to trust this device only once:
A message is displayed in the Management Console informing you that the new device is now a trusted device.
Once you complete the authorization process, you are able to sign in on the new device with your TeamViewer account credentials.