Frontline Spatial is a software suite for creating and visualizing 3D and AR workflows. It offers tools that are used in training and upskilling for complex procedures in regard to quality assurance, assembly, and inspection/maintenance.
Frontline Spatial has three components that work together to bring 3D/AR content to users' devices: an editor, a management system, and a viewer.
- Frontline Command Center (FCC) handles the management of workflows and users and is accessible through an internet browser.
- Spatial Editor is a Windows application for creating workflows.
- Spatial Workplace is used for visualizing workflows in AR or VR. The application runs on several mobile devices (iOS and Android) as well as on the Microsoft HoloLens 2.
Projects, Workflows, Tasks, and Templates
Projects, Templates, and Tasks help you organize your work and Workflows in Spatial Editor.
A Project is a file created in Spatial Editor that stores information about the 3D model in use, along with pins, spatial references, and other content added to it. These items can then be visualized on top of the real-life component with Spatial Workplace on a HoloLens 2 or mobile device. The user just needs to position the content using the spatial reference and the pins are placed at the correct positions according to the user's current view. The transfer of information between Spatial Editor and Spatial Workplace is accomplished through Workflows.
A Spatial Workflow contains a set of pins that portray information over a real-life component, for example, a machine. Additionally, one or more spatial references are added to the Workflow to enable the correct positioning of the pins over the real-life component.
After having finished working on a project, export it to Frontline Command Center (FCC). Every time that the project is edited and re-uploaded to FCC, the Workflow is saved as a newly published version and the older version remains available via the history. Go to Spatial Editor > Spatial Workflows for a complete list of all your workflows in FCC.
Tasks are created from the workflows to be executed on devices with Spatial Workplace. A Task can be run once and can have a planned date of execution.
Templates can be created from Workflows and assigned to users who can visualize the Workflows in Spatial Workplace.
Spatial Workflow Management
Spatial Workflow Management gives you options to see Workflows that are currently being run or have been run in the past. To access it, you need to:
- On the dashboard in FCC, select Spatial Editor from the navigation menu.
- Open the Spatial Workflows tab.
The list provides the following information in form of a table:
- Title: Name of the workflow
- Version: Version of the workflow
- Status: Current status of the workflow
- Created by: Name of the user who created the workflow
- Created at: The date and time when the workflow was created
To delete or download a Workflow from your server:
- Select the Workflow.
- Click on either Delete Workflow or Download. You can only download the workflows that were made using the Live Editor.
Search and filter
You can also search and filter workflows according to your needs:
FAQ and troubleshooting
We have gathered a list of the most common questions and issues together with their solutions under FAQs and Troubleshooting.
In addition to that, we have created video guides covering the basic functionality of the software.
We also have a Quick Guide that enables you to get a hands-on experience of starting and working with a Spatial project from scratch.