Before you get started with installations, make sure you know your device by checking out the following information for RealWear Navigator 500:
- Device Power
- Battery Use
- Device Configuration
The RealWear Navigator 500 is operated mostly hands-free and you can interact with your device using voice commands. However, it does have buttons on the side for SELECT, RETURN, FORWARD, and VOLUME UP/ DOWN.
You can operate the device by speaking the name of any control. For example, the Home Screen has large icons with respective names such as MY PROGRAMS or MY FILES. To access these applications, you can say the application name and the corresponding screen will be launched or use the number assigned to it. For example, say SELECT ITEM 1 to select the item associated with the number 1.
Install and get started with Vysor
Vysor aids in the installation of Frontline Workplace and lets you view the screen of RealWear Navigator 500 from your desktop. To get started with Vysor on your desktop follow the steps below:
1. Download and install Vysor on your computer. The launch screen will appear right after installation.
2. Connect the Navigator 500 to your computer using a USB Type C cable.
3. Select the View Device button to view your RealWear Navigator 500 screen.
Note: If the RealWear Navigator screen can not be viewed, enable the USB debugging of the device.
How to Enable USB Debugging
a. Go to Settings -> About Device -> Build Number.
b. Tap on Build Number 7 times, now Developer Options are enabled.
c. Go to Settings -> System -> Developer Options (Advanced) and enable USB Debugging.
Install Frontline Workplace
1. Download the latest Frontline Workplace smart glasses application.
2. Unzip the bundle. Here you will find the Frontline Workplace APK needed for installation.
Note: You might have to download and install 7-zip to enable unzipping the Frontline Workplace application bundle before accessing the APK file for installation.
3. Drag and drop the
frontline-smartglasses-<version>.apk file directly onto the field area of your Vysor application.
⇒ After a few installation processes, the Frontline Workplace application will now appear under MY PROGRAMS.
4. Enable the "Allow from this source" toggle and allow all other permission pop-ups when opening the Frontline Workplace application. This will prompt you to the Start Setup screen.