The article applies to all users on all licenses.
Do friends and family ask you to sort out problems on their machines, or do you need access to colleagues' computers? Do you wish you could do it from the comfort of your own home or office without having to visit them?
Then you need a program that allows you to operate their machine remotely. The latest version of TeamViewer will be used for this guide.
Get TeamViewer from the website
To use the full potential of TeamViewer, we recommend downloading the TeamViewer full version from our website.
- Go https://www.teamviewer.com (1)
- Click the Download button (2)
- Follow the instructions to save the setup file
Install TeamViewer on your device
After downloading TeamViewer, you can start the setup wizard.
1) Run the setup file you have downloaded previously
2) Select Default Installation under How do you want to proceed? and click Accept - next
3) Once the installation is complete, under "How to you want to use TeamViewer?", select the option that suits you
📌Note: Choosing "I want to test the commercial features with a free 14-day trial" requires a license to continue using TeamViewer after the trial phase ends
4) Click the check-box to accept the TeamViewer EULA and DPA
5) Click Continue to finish the installation and begin using TeamViewer
Configure unattended access to the device
At the beginning of installation, you can choose the option to Install and set up unattended access to this device.
Setting up unattended access is optional.
1) Set a name (1) and a personal password (2) for the device. Both will be needed for connecting to the device later. Proceed with Next (3).
2) The wizard will display the TeamViewer ID of the new device. To exit the wizard, click Finish.
After the installation, the TeamViewer main window will open automatically. To access the device quickly, it is recommended to add it to your list of computers and contacts.