This article applies to all TeamViewer users.
TeamViewer focuses on cloud-based technologies to enable online remote support and collaboration globally. To thrive now and in the coming years, businesses and individuals need remote desktop support, remote access, and online collaboration to be able to connect worldwide. TeamViewer is at the forefront of that innovation.
Within the TeamViewer Meeting tab, you have several options to start, schedule, or join TeamViewer Meetings.
Find some examples below:
- Switch to the TeamViewer Meeting tab to start, schedule, or join a TeamViewer Meeting. (1)
- Schedule your weekly meetings by clicking on Schedule a meeting (2)
- Insert a Meeting ID into this box to join a TeamViewer Meeting and choose your name you want the other meeting participants to see. The m cannot be removed as it symbolizes that you are in the meeting tab (3)
📌Note. The Presentation, Video call, and Phone buttons can be used to start immediate screen sharing, video, or phone calls.
💡Hint: Read more about the Meeting tab here:
Schedule a meeting
Scheduling a TeamViewer Meeting works both for recurring or one time meetings. To schedule a meeting, please follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to Schedule a meeting as seen above in step (2) .
2. The Schedule a Meeting dialog will open.
In this dialog, you can enter a subject for the meeting, start- and end (day and time) for the meeting. If needed, you can change the time zone.
Additionally, you can choose a password for the meeting and save the meeting for later reuse. Using a password is optional, but recommended.
3. Click on Save.
💡Hint: All your scheduled meeting needs to be started by the organizer manually via My Meetings.
Once you save the scheduled meeting you will automatically be provided with an email template to send to the participants (If using Outlook email client).
You can also provide the Meeting information (Meeting ID, date and time, and the password) via any other communication method you like.
The Presentation, Video call, and Phone buttons can be used to start spontaneous meetings for screen sharing, video, or phone calls.
The meeting will start directly and offers you to invite participants from within the meeting:
- Invite a contact from your Computers & Contacts list
- Send an email with the meeting information
- Copy the invitation message into your clipboard to send the invite via another communication tool
📌Note: To use this feature, you need to be signed in with your TeamViewer account.
In the My meetings window, you will find all your scheduled meetings.
In addition, you can
- create new meetings,
- delete a scheduled meeting or
- invite people to your scheduled meetings.
All meetings saved within My Meetings will be available for you in all TeamViewer full versions, where you sign in with your TeamViewer Account.
Start a scheduled Meeting
1. Navigate to My Meetings and select the desired meeting you would like to start. To start the meeting, click on the Start button. The meeting will start immediately and the participants are able to join.
Meeting participants need to run the TeamViewer Full version or QuickJoin module on their computer to join your meeting. Download from our webpage.
📌Note. If the participants already have TeamViewer installed, they can simply switch to the meeting tab on their TeamViewer application and type in the meeting ID.
Please keep in mind that the person scheduling the meeting, will need to be the person starting the meeting each week (in case of a recurrent meeting).
Otherwise, you will need to have other users schedule the meeting from their account to have flexibility.
If you have scheduled a meeting and saved it for later reuse, this meeting will remain in My Meetings until you manually delete it.
As the Meeting ID will not change you can send an invitation for this recurring meeting to your contacts through your E-Mail program or any other communication method.
The participants can always join the meeting with the same access credentials.
For security reasons, you might want to change the password regularly. Please keep in mind to inform the participants about this change.
Standaone TeamViewer Meeting app
💡Hint: If you would like to focus even more on meetings download TeamViewer's standalone app for meetings, presentations, and teamwork.