TeamViewer (Classic) can be uninstalled from a Windows PC like any other application. Please see below for specific instructions on the uninstallation process.
This article applies to all TeamViewer (Classic) users using Windows OS.
Basic Uninstall Instructions
1. Locate the TeamViewer icon in the system tray. Right-click the TeamViewer icon and select Exit TeamViewer.
📌Note: In the full version you can also exit TeamViewer by selecting the Three-line (≡) menu in the upper left corner and selecting Exit TeamViewer.
2. Right-click the Windows start menu and select Apps & Features.
3. Locate TeamViewer in the list of programs, then double-click to start the uninstall process.
4. You can also select the check-box to Remove settings as well in the event you do not intend to install TeamViewer (Classic) again on the device or wish to perform a fresh re-install during troubleshooting.
Advanced Uninstall Instructions
⚠Caution: The following instructions walk through removing TeamViewer (Classic) from the Registry of a Windows device as well. Incorrect changes to the Windows Registry can disable the operating system.
To safeguard against such an accident, we recommend you back up your existing registry by choosing Registry ➜ Export Registry File when the Registry is open and running. We are not liable for any actions that may occur as a result of making these registry changes - you are making these changes at your own risk.
📌Note: To export the Registry, you will need to launch the Registry using the Regedit command.
5. Right-click the Windows start menu ➜ select run ➜ type Regedit and hit OK.
Find and delete the TeamViewer folders located in the following locations:
6. Exit Registry Editor and restart the machine.