This article applies to users with Premium- or Corporate licenses.
With TeamViewer, both incoming and outgoing connections from users within your company and to your managed devices can be logged in the TeamViewer Management Console.
Accessing Connection Reports
To access connection reports follow these steps:
- Open up the TeamViewer Management Console under https://login.teamviewer.com.
- Select any individual group or the All group. The reports can be displayed for all devices and users within the selected group.
- Click on the Connection Report tab.
Outgoing connections are logged for users only if this function is enabled in the TeamViewer account of the user (enabled by default) and if they are logged into their TeamViewer account when establishing a connection.
Please select User report as the report type to see all logged connections.
Incoming connections are logged for devices, but the devices would need to be assigned to the Administrator account of your company profile and the policy Report Connections to this Device would need to be applied to all devices that connection reports are needed for.
Set up reports for incoming connections
The reports for incoming connections or device reports are part of the TeamViewer setting policies. If you add this setting to a policy, every device assigned to this policy will be affected by this change. The policies are managed in the TeamViewer Management Console.
Set up a settings policy for device reports
📌Note: Device Access Reporting is only available in conjunction with a TeamViewer Corporate License plan. Please check the full comparision of the different TeamViewer plans on our website to see which features are available for your plan.
- Open the TeamViewer Management Console under https://login.teamviewer.com.
- Log in with your TeamViewer account
- Note: Devices, apps and web browsers that you’ve never used with your TeamViewer account must be approved at the first login. For more information, see https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/What-is-Trusted-Devices-for-your-TeamViewer-account/ta-p/13954
- Click Design & Deploy in the left menu bar and select Policies.
- Select an existing policy or click on Add policy. In the Select a setting dropdown menu , select Report connections to this device.
- Click Add.
- Be sure, that the column Value shows Enabled, if not click on Edit and enable the setting.
- Click on Save.
⚠Caution: Make sure that the policy is not only assigned to the group, but also to the devices within a group. To do so, open the device properties and under TeamViewer policy, select the option Inherit from group.
This enables an Administrator to have a detailed report of who is connecting to devices that are assigned to their account once the connection has ended.
Filters can be used in both reporting functions to change the search parameter by User, Device or Date of connection depending on license.
In addition, the reports can be printed directly from the Management Console or exported to a csv file for use with different reporting applications depending on license.