This article applies to all TeamViewer users
The overhaul of TeamViewer 13 desktop UI adds a modernized and more intuitive design for Windows and Mac TeamViewer applications. This version offers an icon and design makeover, easy connection to remote devices from any window and a quick access to menus and options, e.g., the contact list is available at any time.
As a result, due to a single window, you spend less time without needless clicks and navigation.
The Intuitive Desktop UI feature is available for all license types.
To be able to use this feature, you must meet the following requirements:
- You are using TeamViewer 13
- You are a private user or own a TeamViewer 13 license (or higher)
- You have installed Windows 7 or later or macOS 10.10 or later
You can also switch the UI to the legacy interface from the setting option.
From TeamViewer software, click Extras --> Options --> General -->uncheck Use new interface
For more information, please vist "TeamViewer user interface"
How to view the new desktop UI
Re-start your TeamViewer to see the desktop UI.
The new layout is displayed. As a result, users benefit from the following changes:
- The Menu bar is at top.
- In the Instant Connect field you have access to Remote control, File transfer and VPN functions.
- All functions are available in a single window view.
- You have access to the Computers & Contacts list and to connections at the same time.
You can initiate remote control connections from any tab.
Learn more about the TeamViewer full version: TeamViewer modules - TeamViewer full version