This article applies to all TeamViewer users that have purchased a license.
This article is for our new "Enhanced Remote Printing" Introduced in V13.
For a General overview of setting up and using remote printing, please see the following article.
With TeamViewer, you can print documents from a remote device on your local printer.
- Since version 13, TeamViewer offers enhanced Remote Printing features.
- Remote printing is now possible for macOS users as well.
- Hewlett-Packard printers are now compatible with TeamViewer printers. Therefore full support of printers by Hewlett-Packard is provided.
- Remote Printing is now possible in color.
When installing the print driver, TeamViewer selects the default printer and calls it TeamViewer (ID). This improves general usability during the remote printing process.
To be able to use these features, you must meet the following requirements:
- You are using TeamViewer 13 (or higher)
- You own a TeamViewer 13 license (or higher)
- You have installed Windows 7 or later or macOS 10.10 or later
- Remote printing driver is installed
- Remote printing is activated within a session
Please see the following Knowledge Base article about Remote printing with TeamViewer for further information on the following:
- installing remote printing driver
- activating remote printing within a session
- starting a print job
From TeamViewer 13 on, Remote Printing with Windows XP and Windows Vista is no longer supported.
The setup process for Windows differs slightly from the macOS setup process.
On a Mac, remote printing also provides the advanced printing features of macOS, like creating a print preview PDF.
How to install the remote printing driver on a Mac
In order to set up remote printing, you would first have to install the TeamViewer print driver.
You will find this option under TeamViewer > Preferences > Advanced > Network > Install remote printing.
How to activate remote printing within a session on a Mac
Once the drivers have been installed, you can establish a connection to your remote computer and activate remote printing in the TeamViewer toolbar.
Due to the nature of the remote machine your may need an XPS reader in connection for…
- …Windows7/8.1 to Windows7/8.1
- …MacOS to Windows 7 – Windows 8.1.
PDS is used in connections between …
- …MacOS to MacOS
- …Mac OS to Windows 10
- …Windows to MacOS