This article applies to all users with a Premium or Corporate license in TeamViewer 13 (or higher) or a Premium or Corporate subscription.
TeamViewer assists in supporting you and your customers to use your products and services correctly, efficiently and effectively. You can plan this demand intelligently: From now on when creating a custom module in the TeamViewer Management Console, you can select an account and assign all service cases automatically to it.
You have two options:
- Either the custom module setup with a shared groupset with a Default assignee, or
- set to Unassigned.
The default assignee applies to unshared groups, whereas for shared groups, you will need to set an assignee. If you do not assign a person, each service case is passed to all members of the shared group.
We recommend, that you create a custom module to collect customer service cases in a service queue and set a default assignee for all service cases that are created via a specific module.
The Automated Service Case Assignment feature is supported by TeamViewer Host and the QuickSupport module.
If you would like to learn more about the TeamViewer modules and quick support, please have a look at this Blog article Brand your TeamViewer Modules for an Integrated Appearance or this Knowledge Base article on Quick Support and SOS button. Also, please check this video on Create custom modules.
To be able to use these features, you must meet the following requirements:
- You are using TeamViewer 13 or higher
- You own a TeamViewer 13 Premium or Corporate license (or higher)
- A TeamViewer Host is installed in case you do not use the QuickSupport module.
📌Note: Linux is not supported.
Earlier, service cases created via a custom module were unassigned. The administrator had to assign all new service cases to the right person. Now, you save time: The service cases are passed to the right team members without delay and customers wait time is reduced.
How to activate automated service case assignment
1) Log in to the TeamViewer Management Console and choose Design & Deploy. Then, click either the Add QuickSupport Button, or choose Add Host --> Host.
2) In the following dialog box, activate the Automatically add users to a group in your Contact list checkbox and assign a Default assignee.
3) Save your settings.
From now on, the new service cases from custom modules will be automatically assigned to the preset user only.
You can also activate the feature for existing modules once you have migrated them to the latest version. You can change the assignees at any time, just a restart of the module is necessary.