This article applies to all TeamViewer users.
Starting with TeamViewer 7, it is possible to convert a session recording from TeamViewer’s own TVS file format into an AVI file. This is currently possible only on computers running the Windows Operating System.
How to record a Remote Control session
- Start a remote control session
- Click on Files & Extras from your remote toolbar
- Click Record to record the session
- Once you end the session you will be prompted to save the recording file
5. Please choose the path, where you would like to save the recording:
You can also enable your TeamViewer application to auto record remote control sessions. This means that any time a remote control session is started from your computer, the session will automatically be recorded.
To enable this feature, please follow these steps:
- Click on Extras>Options>Remote Control
- Check the box next to Auto record remote control sessions
- Click OK to save
The file conversion is done by choosing one of the preinstalled “encoder” embedded within your Windows OS.
Convert a recorded session
📌Note: Converting a TeamViewer recorded session is currently only possible on devices running the Windows operating system
- In the menu of the main TeamViewer window, click Extras > Play or convert recorded session...
- Choose the desired file.
- The video clip will be played back in TeamViewer. You will have the usual options for playing a video file.
- In the recorded session window, click the Convert icon.
- Configure the settings as desired.
- Click Convert, if all settings are configured.
For more information, please refer to the TeamViewer Manual - Remote Control.
Minimize file size
In case you require smaller video sizes, you might want to install an additional encoder. A list of video codecs such as the “ffdshow” can be found under http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_codec.
After installation, select the desired codec from the Codec dropdown in the convert dialogue.