This article applies to all TeamViewer users.
Watch this video to learn more about the Top 8 security questions related to TeamViewer.
In the video the following questions will be answered.
- Does TeamViewer own its servers and data centers?
- Where are the data centers located
- The answer is: Within Germany, Austria and the Netherlands (EU). Watch the video for more information
- Does TeamViewer know what I do with my computer?
- If I give someone access to my system, is it forever?
- The answer is: It depends on your configuration
- Should I grant remote access to my computer or device?
- The answer is: Yes and no. It depends on who is requesting access to your device.
- What certificates does TeamViewer have
- The answer is: TeamViewer has several certificates; e.g. HIPAA and HITECH.
- Is TeamViewer GDPR ready?
- Watch the video for more information or check out the link below
- How can I make my TeamViewer instance maximally secure?
Read more about TeamViewer and GDPR in our Knowledge Base: