This article applies to all TeamViewer users using macOS.
If you have encountered problems using TeamViewer after having set your MAC back to an earlier state from your Backups, or having used TimeMachine to update your MAC OS, please follow the steps below.
We recommend to do the following:
1. Please uninstall TeamViewer from your MAC
- Open the TeamViewer app and click the TeamViewer menu in the top-left corner, then click Preferences.
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- Scroll down to the very bottom and check Also delete configuration files, if that’s what you want.
- Click the Uninstall button. TeamViewer is then uninstalled.
2. Please delete the plist file of TeamViewer on the the system.
- You will find the files under: Finder -> Home directory -> Library -> Preferences. Here, delete all plist entries of TeamViewer. They start with com.TeamViewer..... and end with .plist. Please also remove all entries starting with com.TeamViewer from:
- Please then empty the trash. This will make sure the plists will nolonger be used.
- After a restart of your system, you should be able to install the TeamViewer version of your choice and the problems you encountered before should be resolved.
📌Note: TimeMachine can back up all changes that have occured on your OS. TeamViewer will use plists for each version used. Should you have used different versions of TeamViewer in the past, the individual plists are then backed up.