This article applies to all TeamViewer licenses.
By assigning a device to a TeamViewer account, the device can be remotely managed and monitored by the account at any time.
Remotely monitoring a device gives you the ability to check for common issues like
- outdated antivirus protection,
- a disabled firewall,
- missing Windows updates, or
- a full disk drive.
It also allows you to activate one of your Remote Management end-points for more advanced monitoring and anti-malware protection.
How to assign a device to your account in just three easy steps
1) Open the TeamViewer options on the desired remote device. Then select General > Account Assignment > Assign to account…
📌Note: On a Mac, navigate to TeamViewer > Preferences > General > Account Assignment > Assign to account...
2) If you are not already signed in with your account, enter your TeamViewer account credentials and click Assign.
📌Note: If this is the first time your credentials have been used on the device, you will need to add the device as a Trusted Device. More information on Trusted Devices is here. Once you have added the device as a Trusted Device, return back to this window and log in again to assign the device.
3) The options dialog now shows the current assignment.
How to assign a device remotely
If you use a custom Host module to roll out the software to your endpoints, the devices will be assigned and added to your contacts list automatically.
💡Hint: Read more about how to brand your TeamViewer modules.
If the device is not assigned to you, there are two ways to assign this remotely.
The device MUST be online to be assigned to you.
1) Click the settings icon for your device
2) Click Assign to account...
3) Enter the password if it is not saved for this device