TeamViewer integrated with Mobile Iron EMM in 2015. The integration, branded Help@Work provides the ability to perform Attended access to Android device through the Mobile Iron Console.
This article applies to customers of eligible MobileIron subscriptions.
About Help@Work for Android
Help@Work for Android with TeamViewer is an integration that enables administrators to get remote control access to supported Android devices managed by MobileIron Cloud.
VPN is not required.
After initiating a remote control session from the Admin tab via C2DM/GCM, administrators can configure Android devices and troubleshoot issues without having the devices in hand.
The remote control session displays on the administrator’s desktop, enabling point-and-click navigation of the device.
This document assumes the following items are already in place:
- Mobile@Work 8.0.0 for Android (Google Play Store)
- MobileIron Cloud
- access to the MobileIron Customer Portal (http://help.mobileiron.com) during initial setup for onetime license activation
- a company email address (belonging to an organization rather than an individual) that can be used for the TeamViewer account
- appropriate firewall rules to support C2DM/GCM
- TeamViewer Full Version (version 10 or higher)
Supported Android devices
For information on supported Android devices, go to Supported manufacturers for remotely controlling Android devices
How Help@Work for Android works
The following diagram illustrates how Help@Work for Android with TeamViewer establishes a remote control session.
- Administrator selects a target device in the MobileIron Cloud Devices ➜ Devices page.
- MobileIron Cloud contacts the TeamViewer Server to create a remote session and retrieve a session ID.
- MobileIron Cloud support administrator sends a command to Help@Work on the device to start a remote session using the session ID. Core also launches the TeamViewer software on your desktop with the session ID.
- The Help@Work app sends a message (intent message object) containing the session ID to the TeamViewer app to start a remote session.
- TeamViewer app connects to the TeamViewer Server.
- Administrator takes remote control of the device.
Help@Work for Android setup overview
The following diagram illustrates the setup process for Help@Work for Android:
Installing TeamViewer on your desktop
This section explains how to install the TeamViewer Full Version software on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Download the installation package for the TeamViewer Full Version for Windows or Mac from the following location: https://www.teamviewer.com/download/
- Launch the TeamViewer installation program.
- Select Basic Installation.
- Select Company / Commercial use.
- Click Accept - next.
- When the installation is complete, the following screen displays.
Requesting a TeamViewer account
If you do not have a TeamViewer account yet, please follow the instructions here to set up your individual TeamViewer account.
Enabling Help@Work for Android in MobileIron Cloud
This section explains how to enable Help@Work for Android in the MobileIron Cloud Admin tab.
1) In the Admin tab.
2) Select Help@Work from the left navigation pane.
3) Click Activate TeamViewer.
4) Click Allow to provide MobileIron Cloud with session management permission for your TeamViewer app. The TeamViewer signin page is displayed.
5) Enter the email and password you used to create your TeamViewer account. Click Sign In.
📌Note: Though your license is now activated, your TeamViewer software will still display a notice about trial software. Your licensing applies to the session established using the integration, so the trial notice remains in the console.
Deploying the TeamViewer QuickSupport app
This section explains how to deploy the TeamViewer QuickSupport app to Android devices managed by MobileIron Cloud.
1) Click Apps in the main navigation bar.
2) Click + Add.
3) Select Google Play from the app store pulldown menu.
4) In the Application Name field, enter teamviewer.
5) Select TeamViewer QuickSupport and click Next.
6) Select the app and click Next.
7) Optionally, add a description and click Next.
8) Set permissions for the users of the app and click Next.
9) Select a distribution level for the app and click Next.
10) Optionally, further customize the configuration of the app and click Done.
Starting a remote control session
This section explains how to start a Help@Work for Android remote control session.
1) Ask the device user to install the TeamViewer QuickSupport app. It should be displayed in the MobileIron app catalog on the device.
2) On the Admin tab go to Devices ➜ Devices.
3) Select the entry for the device.
4) Confirm that the device is supported by Help@Work for Android.
5) Click on the Actions pulldown menu and select Start TeamViewer Remote Control.
6) If a page requesting a session ID displays, ignore it
7) Launch the TeamViewer application when prompted.
8) If your browser has pop-up blocking enabled, then allow pop-ups for your MobileIron Cloud URL.
9) If the TeamViewer QuickSupport app does not launch on the device, ask the device user to tap the Help@Work icon. The required session ID (s12-345-678) is automatically displayed on the device. The device user should then see a prompt similar to the following:
10) Ask the device user to tap Allow.
You should now see the remote control session displayed on your screen.
To close a remote control session from the device
To close a remote control session from the desktop:
1) Tap the TeamViewer QuickSupport app icon.
2) Tap the X in the upper right corner of the TeamViewer QuickSupport app.
To close a remote control session from the desktop
To close a remote control session from the desktop:
1) Launch the TeamViewer desktop.
2) Sign in using your TeamViewer credentials.
3) Select the session (find the correct session ID in your list).
4) Click Close.
If you accidentally close the session
If you close the session window on your desktop, you can re-establish the session using the URL displayed in the Launch TeamViewer Session dialog.
This dialog displays at the beginning of each session, but might be hidden behind other windows. Copy and paste the displayed URL in a browser window to regain access to the session. Make sure the session ID displayed in the dialog matches the one displayed in the TeamViewer app on the device.