This article applies to all TeamViewer users.
Are you the go-to person when friends and family have computer problems?
Are you too far away or don't have time to just stop by?
If so, then TeamViewer is the perfect solution for your personal computer support.
What is TeamViewer?
With TeamViewer, you can connect to your friends' and family members' computers anytime, using your technical expertise to help them solve questions and problems. The days of trying to solve problems over the phone are gone. Solve the problem yourself as if you were sitting directly in front of their computer.
Learn more about TeamViewer and how to get started: Get started - For personal usage
Get started - where to begin?
For Personal Support, use the TeamViewer Full Version software both for you and your connection partner.
This way, you can help your family and friends set up their computers or solve other questions and problems, anytime, anywhere.
On your friends' and family members' computers
- Ask your friend or family member to install the TeamViewer Full Version in their computer. Get your download here: https://www.teamviewer.com/download/
- Ask your friend or family member to share their TeamViewer ID and password with you.
- You can connect to your friend's or family member's computer.
On your computer
- Install the TeamViewer full version software. Get your download here: https://www.teamviewer.com/download/
- On your computer, enter the TeamViewer ID of your friend or family member under the heading Remote Control.
- Click the Connect button.
- Enter the TeamViewer password of your friend or family member.
- You can work on that computer as if you were sitting directly in front of it.
💡Hint: If you are logged in to your Computers & Contacts list during the connection, you will be asked whether you would like to add that computer to your list. If you select this option, you will be able to connect fastest the next time.
Features for personal computer support are numerous and here are a few examples of the most-used features from our TeamViewer users:
- Screen Sharing: work on your family members computer as if you were sitting right in front of it. TeamViewer shares the computer's screen onto your home computer, allowing you to assist your family members easily and intuitively.
- File Sharing: copy files from your computer to a friend's computer, or vice versa. This way, you can do things like install a printer driver or save log files.
- Multimedia Functions: use chat, VoIP, phone, or webcam video sharing to communicate with each other. Give tips or answer questions as they arise.
- Multi-Platform: TeamViewer is available for all common computer platforms as well as Android and iOS. This enables platform-comprehensive support, independent of the system you're using.