This article applies to all TeamViewer users.
For the most part, TeamViewer is able to make connections without any special configuration of a device. However, it is possible that your TeamViewer may indicate a red light and the message Not ready. Please check your connection.
Here are a few things you can check if you experience this alert:
Did your general setup change?
- Is your internet connection working? Try to load a webpage or other web-based application
Did anything change on your IT setup?
- Can TeamViewer reach the internet?
- If not, please open Port 5938 for outgoing connections
Did TeamViewer work just a few minutes ago?
- Exit TeamViewer or reboot the device
- On Windows: Go to Connections -> Exit TeamViewer
- On Mac: Go to TeamViewer -> Quit TeamViewer
- All updates about the current status of all TeamViewer Services can be found here
- Did you check our Status page?