What you need to know:
- We want our users to have the best experience with TeamViewer, with our latest and greatest products.
- We are asking our free users as well as the users trialing the software with older versions of TeamViewer to update to the latest version of TeamViewer in order to continue using the software. Please check if your hardware is compatible with the latest TeamViewer version here: Is my hardware supported? If your hardware does not allow an update to the latest version, unfortunately, you cannot benefit from the free version.
- After the update, all private users of the free version will still be able to use TeamViewer as usual. There is no change related to personal use with updating to the latest version of TeamViewer.
- Paying customers are encouraged to update to the latest version but can remain using their purchased version along the lines of the product lifecycle policy
- Updating just takes a moment and runs mostly automatically.
This article applies to all TeamViewer users.
How to proceed?
1) Update TeamViewer (Classic) on the remote computer. Learn how to here.
- Within a remote control session click Remote Update directly:
- Or choose Actions ➜ Remote Update:
2) Update TeamViewer (Classic) on my own device. Learn how to here.
- If a new version of TeamViewer (Classic) is available, there will be an arrow icon on the main window of TeamViewer (Classic) at the left-hand side of the menu
📌Note: In case this notification icon has been deactivated within the TeamViewer (Classic) settings, you can simply click on the hamburger menu (☰) ➜ Check for new version
Learn more about How to enable auto update for TeamViewer (Classic)
Open the TeamViewer (Classic) full version
- Click the Gear icon (⚙) in the upper right corner of the TeamViewer (Classic) applications.
- Click Advanced.
- Choose which updates you would like to install under Install new versions automatically.